IGNORED

Scent control?!?!

Turkeyslayer

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

A bumbling idiot

One has been confirmed by this thread.   The old adage still rings true "better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to type on  internet blogs and remove all doubt".

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

One has been confirmed by this thread.   The old adage still rings true "better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to type on  internet blogs and remove all doubt".

Let's be nice. At least I didn't direct it to a member on here. LOL.

If you are baiting (not hunting) usually deer will use the wind.  If you are hunting without bait as I do you will see deer from all directions. 

The fall winter wind here is usually nw.  If deer lived by the wind they wouldn't be able to get back to where they came from.   

What I do is plain old logical common sense.  If deer can distinguish 6 different smells and you put six strong smelling attractive scents around in close proximity to where you hunt they won't smell you.  The scents will also be there for a long time if you decide to go back to the same spot.

You have to be simple upstairs to not understand that. 

Edited by nickmarch

19 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Nickmarch should really be banned. He doesn’t belong on a hunting site. I know it’s entertaining but really 

I think he's Axiom, joined 2019 back to haunt us.:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I shower with scent free soap and use scent free deodorant. Also wash in scent free detergent.  That’s pretty much it. I will change my shirt after the walk in if I work up a sweat. Wipe down with a scent free field wipe.  But if the wind isn’t right.  I won’t hunt. Doing more damage than good. 

11 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

If you are baiting (not hunting) usually deer will use the wind.  If you are hunting without bait as I do you will see deer from all directions. 

The fall winter wind here is usually nw.  If deer lived by the wind they wouldn't be able to get back to where they came from.   

What I do is plain old logical common sense.  If deer can distinguish 6 different smells and you put six strong smelling acctractivr scents around in close proximity to where you hunt they won't smell you.  The scents will also be there for a long time if you decide to go back to the same spot.

You have to be simple upstairs to not understand that. 

You said a few pages ago that you use a variety of scents designed to attract deer. How is that different from baiting?  If your method works and they are attracted to your mixes, then wouldn’t they interact the same way as deer coming to corn or another bait type?  You’re not making a good argument by any stretch. 

18 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

How is that different from baiting?  

They don't eat it.  

18 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

then wouldn’t they interact the same way as deer coming to corn or another bait type?  

They don't eat it but like the smell.  They don't continually come back to eat it but they do sniff it if passing by.  The smells stay and covers your scent when you are there.   

Plus how many deer have been shot at over bait And go on alert near bait?  Scent check a baited area before going to the bait?

If you used it and they scent checked before going to the bait they wouldn't smell you.

Edited by nickmarch

6 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have all the carbon clothing one could ever need, wear rubber boots, spray down, have an ozone bag to neutralize my clothing odor right down to my underwear and socks. I scent free shower religiously before every hunt.  Even have ozone generator for my truck interior.    All that does is give ME a little piece of mind but the reality is - it's probably a complete waste of time.   

And....

It's all for naught when a deer gets in my scentline - game over every single time. 

You need to try something different.   I don't do any of the laundry list of things that you do and I never get scented.

It was a field edge with a steep ravine and stream behind me, then a flat plateau of corn and greens, surrunded by multiple hills and ridges.  

Yes those things and more make the wind swirl making it almost impossible to play the wind.  

Maybe you need to try something different?  I never worry about the wind and I never get scented.

What is it that the deer in the pics are so interested in?

Screenshot_20210509-141100~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-141118~2.jpg

3 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

And....

You need to try something different.   I don't do any of the laundry list of things that you do and I never get scented.

Yes those things and more make the wind swirl making it almost impossible to play the wind.  

Maybe you need to try something different?  I never worry about the wind and I never get scented.

What is it that the deer in the pics are so interested in?

Screenshot_20210509-141100~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-141118~2.jpg

Here's a question are they trail cam pic's?, cuz there's nothing on the bottom of the screen mentioning make date time or temp.:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt