IGNORED

Ma and Pa store comeback ???

hammer4reel

Seems a lot of online shopping , and getting stuff in a day or two is over .

lots of places are now pre order and expected shipment in 4-6 WEEKS .

could help local vendors where you can walk in and out with the product sell more .

I know I’m not waiting 4-6 weeks to save a few bucks on anything .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 minutes ago, Kype said:

agree. i wasnt even like that pre covid. if i want something i buy it. i dont shop around for deals.

I was pretty much the same , but hated driving to 5 spots that didn’t have what I wanted .

and waste 20 bucks and half a day on a ten dollar item .

online was both convenient and could get what you wanted in a day or two .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I would hope so. Nothing local for me tackle wise in Union County tho. It’s a shame. A well stocked shop would make a killing having zero competition and marketed correctly. I do buy local stuff when I can on the way to fish down by the bay. Those shops seem to be booming although I don’t know what’s going with Fred’s on 35.  

There’s no hunting  or fishing stores near me other then Walmart if you count them as one.

a handful of gun shops but they don’t carry much for hunting if they do it’s usually covered in dust and been sitting for years.

I always wondered if I invested in opening a hunting and fishing store around my way would it be successful or just tossing my money away.

90% of my  hunting and fishing shopping is online because I have no other reasonable options.

Edited by Bones

I hope so but it isn’t looking good. Just took the hr drive to Tackle Direct in Egg Harbor. Pretty much everything I wanted was out of stock. Did get the seaguar premier Fluoro in 50 lb though 

Edited by Buckeyes11

I always use the local stores as much as I can but we still have a lot of stock shortages in the small stores and have no choice but to order online. I don't mind paying a few dollars more for mom and pop and will support the small stores as much as possible.

Edited by bushden
SPELLING

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I feel the same way most of u guys do. I want to buy locally. I don’t like buying hunting and fishing gear on line to save a couple bucks. I’d rather see the product in my hand and buy it. I do buy on line if I can’t find it locally. There isn’t any mom and pop places by me to buy hunting or fishing gear anymore. I drive 30 minutes to get minnows and shiners for my wife to fish. Me and my wife owned a bait and tackle shop for 6 yrs. I closed it because people could buy rods and tackle cheaper on line. And they did. Most people would come in and say I can get it cheaper on line . Asked if I could do better on the price. No we couldn’t.  We sold it as cheap as we could. The money we made was from bait. Minnows , shiners, blood worms, and frozen salt water bait. I miss it but I don’t miss how customers could be so nasty about prices. We put our heart and soul into it . We had no family time. Opened 7 days a week most of the time. And not be appreciated. To this day I still think about opening a small place to sell live bait but that would be it.

The shame here is they are a dying breed. Between the BS requirements the state put on them and the competition with the big stores and online sales they are becoming extinct. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL STORES!!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL