IGNORED

Fun day ice fishing

rgw

Very Nice on this winter day.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

18 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Do you actually eat them? I've always thrown them back. 

Pickerel is very good but its full of bones.  My grandfather was able to remove every bone with he trick he knew.  He showed me a bunch of times I just could never get the hang of it

56 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Pickerel is very good but its full of bones.  My grandfather was able to remove every bone with he trick he knew.  He showed me a bunch of times I just could never get the hang of it

We are never what our teachers were, we just thank them in our hearts that we had time on this earth with them and learned what we could.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

11 minutes ago, bushden said:

We are never what our teachers were, we just thank them in our hearts that we had time on this earth with them and learned what we could.

He was def one of a kind was born in 1925.  Even though young he was in the great depression and using everything was key.  He would tell stories that he had no choice but to make pickerel edible or his family wouldn't eat.  He was also first wave of d day. He didn't talk much about it until near the end and some of the stories will make the hair on your neck stand up.  If you are ever interested in a read I have his journal would be a good conversation piece over a beer  I miss him every day.  He would only hunt a few times a year in the same tree.  Im fortunate I can still hunt his spot but can only hunt it with bow.  I only hunt it once or twice a year and it is the one spot I shoot the first deer I see as he did..

9 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

He was def one of a kind was born in 1925.  Even though young he was in the great depression and using everything was key.  He would tell stories that he had no choice but to make pickerel edible or his family wouldn't eat.  He was also first wave of d day. He didn't talk much about it until near the end and some of the stories will make the hair on your neck stand up.  If you are ever interested in a read I have his journal would be a good conversation piece over a beer  I miss him every day.  He would only hunt a few times a year in the same tree.  Im fortunate I can still hunt his spot but can only hunt it with bow.  I only hunt it once or twice a year and it is the one spot I shoot the first deer I see as he did..

You story put chills on my arms. Reminded me of my own father born 1923. He would never talk about his service, he lived on the street during the depression but even that he did not talk about much, he was 1st generation Italian and became a stone mason after the war. Died of lung cancer. His last year he was still hunting with an oxygen tank on his shoulder. I wish I could be the man he was.

45848170_10155850306295869_8196127610405650432_o.jpg

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN

4 minutes ago, bushden said:

You story put chills on my arms. Reminded me of my own father born 1923. He would never talk about his service, he lived on the street during the depression but even that he did not talk about much, he was 1st generation Italian and became a stone mason after the war. Died of lung cancer. His last year he was still hunting with an oxygen tank on his shoulder. I wish I could be the an he was.

45848170_10155850306295869_8196127610405650432_o.jpg

They all were men and did what it took.  I didn't know this until 4 or 5 years ago as he never said a word about it

20190207_094407.jpg

Edited by vdep217