IGNORED

Would you? Could you? Part 2

2 minutes ago, bucky said:

I have baited and bait works well with shotgun, set up around 70 yards away with the right wind, at that  range the deer have no clue of what's coming next until it hits them:up:

That would def work .

to shoot them on bait with the recurve late season I  would need them to be eating out of the bucket while I hand fed them .

sit back on the pinch point and hunts can get interesting quick

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

Obviously, I would; as I bought a flintlock. When you say primitive season....I only see that term as being used with a flintlock OR longbow/recurve bow. A percussion IMO isn't primitive. 

Anyway, I like how PA set up their flintlock season..............12/26-1/16. If anyone is interested in starting to shoot a flintlock.......look at these sites: track of the wolf, October country, dixon muzzleloading. All very helpful. I bought mine from track of the wolf and each gun has an attached list of suggested necessities (i.e.....round ball size, patch size, flint size, etc).

They are a blast to shoot and relatively inexpensive to buy powder and round balls. I paid $15 for 100 hornady round balls. 

Thats great you got one, I am thinking about getting one as well but please explain why do you need separate season when as we stand you can hunt with it for almost 3 months? Would you support and why a separate season for long bow, then recurve. then compound and then crossbow during bow season?

Edited by Lunatic

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Thats great you got one, I am thinking about getting one as well but please explain why do you need separate season when as we stand you can hunt with it for almost 3 months? Would you support and why a separate season for long bow, then recurve. then compound and then crossbow during bow season?

Little off track but the original intent of cross bow was a separate season if I'm not mistaken 

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

3 day primitive weapon like a flintlock isn’t easy to shoot and is not by far a long range weapon. A crossbow is most likely easier and more accurate. A 3day primitive  season is hardly extending gun season six fold. So SYH at that and move on

i cant speak about a flintlock, but my TC percussion is deadly accurate. iron sights, 60 grains of powder behind a ball and patch(50 cal). right out of the box. i was amazed of how accurate it was. 

23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Pa rifle season is a full 2 weeks. Then, there is a month long flintlock only season ....no inline season after rifle. So flintlock or winter bow. The inline season is in Oct, doe only. 

Screenshot_20210106-122422_Drive.jpg

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

And that’s a good thing. More people who prove to be less proficient with the compound can now make quick clean kills. Hasn’t been the gloom and doom end of deer hunting as a lot of people and orgs predicted. But thank you for your input :up:

Oh its had a big impact on Bowhunting. You just refuse to admit it. 

So we get rid of corn piles because its too easy and not a manly way to hunt as you sit in a tree with a $3000 crossbow for months and then want another gun season. 

www.liftxrentals.com

Just now, tcook8296 said:

Oh its had a big impact on Bowhunting. You just refuse to admit it. 

So we get rid of corn piles because its too easy and not a manly way to hunt as you sit in a tree with a $3000 crossbow for months and then want another gun season. 

And nothing against crossbows, 

They should also have their own special season unless you have the doctors note

www.liftxrentals.com

45 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

And nothing against crossbows, 

They should also have their own special season unless you have the doctors note

How about this to make you happy. Two weeks for purchased long bows, then 2 weeks for purchased recurved, then two weeks for hand made long bows, then two weeks for hand made recurves, then two weeks for compunds and two weeks for crossbows. That's 12 weeks of bow seasons. it will cover September, October and November. Of course the most desirable time will go to the most primitive weapons so crossbow will get the first half of September and compound the last two weeks of September and done. Good?

Edited by Lunatic

28 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

How about this to make you happy. Two weeks for purchased long bows, then 2 weeks for purchased recurved, then two weeks for hand made long bows, then two weeks for hand made recurves, then two weeks for compunds and two weeks for crossbows. That's 12 weeks of bow seasons. it will cover September, October and November. Of course the most desirable time will go to the most primitive weapons so crossbow will get the first half of September and compound the last two weeks of September and done. Good?

I actually like that lol

Would shoot my target buck the first few weeks, and then enjoy hunting the hard way for the next 8 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

48 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

and homemade xbows??

I love it! The tears shed over crossbow hunting in NJ is nauseating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk