IGNORED

10/26 Check in

mightyhunter

Got in a no bait rut funnel 3pm.  Already had group of does wind me and snort 200 yards behind me.  Prob took the buck I want with them.  It’s a miracle I ever kill a good buck.  I just stink to high heaven. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Got in a no bait rut funnel 3pm.  Already had group of does wind me and snort 200 yards behind me.  Prob took the buck I want with them.  It’s a miracle I ever kill a good buck.  I just stink to high heaven. 

Same thing happens to me.  There are so many deer around that some are going to smell you.  The snorting is what pisses me off!  Tattletails!!

Glad I'm not hunting in this crap.  Down to 24 degrees for Saturday morning and permit bow!

Edited by Nomad

34 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I know it sounds wierd but several times I have seen does snort to keep bucks away.  The 8 I killed last year before he came in I had a doe snort 4 or 5 times but didn't run.  Whe she left he came in

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I know it sounds wierd but several times I have seen does snort to keep bucks away.  The 8 I killed last year before he came in I had a doe snort 4 or 5 times but didn't run.  Whe she left he came in

I have seen does snort at bucks. Cats. Foxes. Coyotes and bears. Bunt mostly - me.  They really hate my stank. There was no doubt  this was from me 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

This rain just wont let up down here at the shore. I think its raining harder now than when I got in thank god for the groundblind at least I'm dry. Hopefully something moves in the last hour

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

I sat greybeard style tonight, natural ground blind, plenty of deer movement and opportunity but not the right kind.  I had a big doe come by at 10 feet, when she hit my wind her eyes almost bulged out of her head and then a squirrel almost ran up my arm, six more inches he would of got cracked in the head with my range finder, sitting on the ground is dangerous...lol