IGNORED

Orange Hat Requirements

9 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

When I asked this facetious question it was in response to the way this thread morphed into a Game Law 101 debate.  

Oh, and on the color spectrum which shade of the orange would be appropriate ?

Jeeze already ! :happywave:

Only one person is really debating we refuse to be baited any more as in the past the rest of us admittedly did hijack the thread

I'm sorry..

To the original op.  Solid orange is what is written for a stocked wma no matter what other orange you have..  in other woods a orange hat with logo is fine  if you have another 200 sq inches of orange

1 hour ago, nickmarch said:

The law was changed in 1973

The regulation was changed a few years ago for stocked wma's. You must wear a solid orange hat. Even if you are covered from neck to toes in orange you MUST have an orange hat. I watched the CO a couple years ago running in the field at colliers because someone ignored his command to vome back to road because he had a black hat on. Otherwise he did have orange vest I am sure that guys day did not end very happy.  

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Only one person is really debating we refuse to be baited any more as in the past the rest of us admittedly did hijack the thread

I'm sorry..

To the original op.  Solid orange is what is written for a stocked wma no matter what other orange you have..  in other woods a orange hat with logo is fine  if you have another 200 sq inches of orange

Wrong as usual!  Well actually the digest might say that but the digest also says to check the law.  The codified regulations are what should be in the digest but they aren't.  Neither the LAW nor the CODIFIED REGULATIONS say SOLID. 

This is the codified regulations...

"This file includes all Regulations adopted and published through the New Jersey Register, Vol. 52 No. 12, June 15, 2020"

https://advance.lexis.com/documentpage/?pdmfid=1000516&crid=4c3dceb1-e85b-40f5-99d1-1e87b95f983a&nodeid=AAKACQAAGABI&nodepath=%2FROOT%2FAAK%2FAAKACQ%2FAAKACQAAG%2FAAKACQAAGABI&level=4&haschildren=&populated=false&title=§+7%3A25-5.33+Pheasants+and+quail+stamp+designated+areas&config=00JAA1YTg5OGJlYi04MTI4LTRlNjQtYTc4Yi03NTQxN2E5NmE0ZjQKAFBvZENhdGFsb2ftaXPxZTR7bRPtX1Jok9kz&pddocfullpath=%2Fshared%2Fdocument%2Fadministrative-codes%2Furn%3AcontentItem%3A5XKV-PWC1-JTGH-B2N3-00008-00&ecomp=f38_kkk&prid=1b895b59-3d9d-4bf6-9895-70bf61e622f6

See #3

3.  Any person subject to this section, while engaged in hunting for small game with firearms on Wildlife Management Areas enumerated in this section, shall wear a cap of fluorescent hunter's orange meeting the specifications set forth in N.J.S.A. 23:4-13.1.

How strange that it says to see the law? Weird huh? 

Oh and look at #4! They cited the law as required!  So why do they put something different in the digest?

You and buckndoe are good at posting incorrect info. I hope others have figured that out and ignore your posts.

Edited by nickmarch

Had to go wayyyyyy back. I am not a lawyer. Your best bet is to email Fish and Game and get in writing. Bordentown buddy was with me when we went through this back in 2018 when the book changed. We got two different answers from two different wardens within a matter of 30 minutes. We contacted the state and they had to have a powwow. Then they responded back.

Back in 2018:

N.J.S.A. 23:4-13.1 states that any person hunting deer and small game with a firearm must wear a cap of fluorescent hunter's orange or some other outer garment containing at least 200 square inches of fluorescent hunter's orange material which shall be visible from all sides. If a firearm hunter is wearing a hunter's orange vest or coat then a camouflage hunter's orange hat or a hunter's orange hat with a logo or patch is legal. If a hunter is not wearing any other hunter's orange outer clothing, then the hat must be solid hunter's orange. The new regulation this year requires small game hunters on wildlife management areas stocked with pheasant and quail to wear a hunter's orange hat regardless of any other hunter's orange outer clothing. If they are wearing other hunter's orange clothing, the had does not need to be solid orange. If the only hunter's orange item is a hat, then it must be solid orange.

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

3 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Had to go wayyyyyy back

Back in 2018:

N.J.S.A. 23:4-13.1 states that any person hunting deer and small game with a firearm must wear a cap of fluorescent hunter's orange or some other outer garment containing at least 200 square inches of fluorescent hunter's orange material which shall be visible from all sides. If a firearm hunter is wearing a hunter's orange vest or coat then a camouflage hunter's orange hat or a hunter's orange hat with a logo or patch is legal. If a hunter is not wearing any other hunter's orange outer clothing, then the hat must be solid hunter's orange. The new regulation this year requires small game hunters on wildlife management areas stocked with pheasant and quail to wear a hunter's orange hat regardless of any other hunter's orange outer clothing. If they are wearing other hunter's orange clothing, the had does not need to be solid orange. If the only hunter's orange item is a hat, then it must be solid orange.

Oh my god! A FW 3mployee sent you that??? That's really sad!

This is the Statute they cited...

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2019/title-23/section-23-4-13-1/

Look at the bottom of the Statute where it says 1973.  That's the last time that the Statute was amended.

They did rewrite the regulations in 2017.  That's the long link in my last post.  Read them! It's the filed, codified, enforceable regulation.  It says nothing like that at all!  The info that they gave you is total BS!  

I just read the coyote/fox regs. OMG!  I'm not even going to get started on them!  It's criminal what they do and how they flagrantly ignore the laws that they are required to follow when making regulation! 

24 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Had to go wayyyyyy back. I am not a lawyer. Your best bet is to email Fish and Game and get in writing. Bordentown buddy was with me when we went through this back in 2018 when the book changed. We got two different answers from two different wardens within a matter of 30 minutes. We contacted the state and they had to have a powwow. Then they responded back.

Back in 2018:

Awesome. Thanks! Very helpful.