IGNORED

Orange Hat Requirements

So for me, I emailed and spoke with the game wardens a couple years ago when the law was changed. 

I know the answer and can't believe we have multiple pages going over this again...

My buddy and I were at greenwood by the pheasant area and asked a warden. She said we were ok. Then when we got the quail land people were getting written up.

I called and spoke to a warden. Received an email with an explanation and was told if i have any problems to let them know.

I then posted the email up at my old club so everyone knew who to contact and the discussion that took place with the wardens.

The bottom line is.. you can't have enough orange when hunting public land. :)

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

20 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Of course and he knew it. He presented as if the poor guy did not display and therefore lost his  fishing and hunting license. Thats how fake news happens

The guy was trying to get REINSTATED.  He is a foreigner needed his son to intrepid for him and didnt understand the law.  That shouldnt be so hard for you to understand. You speak english and dont understand the law.  

6 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

The guy was trying to get REINSTATED.  He is a foreigner needed his son to intrepid for him and didnt understand the law.  That shouldnt be so hard for you to understand. You speak english and dont understand the law.  

nickmarch

5 Pointer

NJW&W Members

1,709 posts

Posted 20 hours ago

The FW Council is appointed by Murphy.  

They are changing the digest.  

Last month they denied the reinstatement of fishing/hunting privileges to a guy who failed to display his fishing license while fishing.  

:happywave:

19 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

So for me, I emailed and spoke with the game wardens a couple years ago when the law was changed. 

I know the answer and can't believe we have multiple pages going over this again...

My buddy and I were at greenwood by the pheasant area and asked a warden. She said we were ok. Then when we got the quail land people were getting written up.

I called and spoke to a warden. Received an email with an explanation and was told if i have any problems to let them know.

I then posted the email up at my old club so everyone knew who to contact and the discussion that took place with the wardens.

The bottom line is.. you can't have enough orange when hunting public land. :)

So what did the email say? You can literally clarify this but didn’t? 

1 minute ago, RPK0620 said:

Would it be possible for someone to summarize this entire topic for me, please ?

You need a orange hat on pheasant and quail stocked wma no matter what other orange you have on.  200 sq inches or a solid orange hat is the minimum requirement.  Some dont believe the exceptions for turkey saying don't need orange.  That about sums it up..  

Oo wait a guy got multiple tickets and resisted arrest but his friend is upset that they wouldn't reinstate his lisence.   That's about it

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

You need a orange hat on pheasant and quail stocked wma no matter what other orange you have on.  200 sq inches or a solid orange hat is the minimum requirement.  Some dont believe the exceptions for turkey saying don't need orange.  That about sums it up..  

Oo wait a guy got multiple tickets and resisted arrest but his friend is upset that they wouldn't reinstate his lisence.   That's about it

Are either of those guys you mentioned on NJ W&W ?  

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

41 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

Would it be possible for someone to summarize this entire topic for me, please ?

wear a solid orange hat going into the woods and coming out or when within site of the road.  I haven't seen a game warden in the woods in 45 years of hunting!:P

1 hour ago, RPK0620 said:

Yea. Some think that it is ok for the FW Council to ignore laws and regulations that they are required to follow when making regulations and others including myself know that their illegally made regulations would have to be repealed if brought before a judge.

Some think if a law says that something is legal that it is ok for the FW Council to say it is illegal using an illegally made regulation.

Some think if the law says that something is illegal that it is ok for the FW Council to say it is legal using an illegally made regulation.

These are the codified regulations many of which were made illegally and would be repealed in court.

https://advance.lexis.com/container/?pdmfid=1000516&crid=25280de4-ca10-4cd4-8a2b-c04e6c701b73&func=LN.Advance.ContentView.getFullToc&nodeid=AAKACQ&typeofentry=Breadcrumb&config=00JAA5OTY5MTdjZi1lMzYxLTQxNTEtOWFkNi0xMmU5ZTViODQ2M2MKAFBvZENhdGFsb2coFSYEAfv22IKqMT9DIHrf&action=publictoc&pddocfullpath=%2Fshared%2Fdocument%2Fadministrative-codes%2Furn%3AcontentItem%3A5XKV-PW91-JW5H-X542-00008-00&pdtocfullpath=%2Fshared%2Ftableofcontents%2Furn%3AcontentItem%3A7XT6-6F60-Y903-S559-00008-00&ecomp=y3_dkkk&prid=7e1526dc-d328-4ceb-adbc-4f83d75ee2b3

If you compare them with what's written in the digest you will find even more regulations that not only were made in violation of laws and regulations they aren't even codified as required by law and some that say something other than what is codified.

http://www.eregulations.com/newjersey/hunting/general-hunting-regulations/

Edited by nickmarch

I asked about the rules on orange hats when hunting. I said I just learned that it was law the entire hat had to be ornage- NO logos. I simply stated I hunt upland a lot and my hat has a logo and never was bothered. It then spiraled out if control with Marsh going off deep end and Lunatic throwing gas on the fire.

Someone chimed in and said they spoke directly with Fish and Game and have an email to prove it- but didnt share with us what the email said. 

Long story short- we learned nothing.

When I asked this facetious question it was in response to the way this thread morphed into a Game Law 101 debate.  

Oh, and on the color spectrum which shade of the orange would be appropriate ?

Jeeze already ! :happywave:

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

2 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

When I asked this facetious question it was in response to the way this thread morphed into a Game Law 101 debate.  

Oh, and on the color spectrum which shade of the orange would be appropriate ?

Jeeze already ! :happywave:

Lol!

Take your pick!  You can follow the law or the codified regulations or the digest. They all say something different So no matter what you do there is a possibility of being fined!

Screenshot_20200618-125642.jpg