IGNORED

Orange Hat Requirements

Just now, BHC said:

I stand corrected I found this :  

Exceptions: the hunter orange law does not apply to waterfowl, crow, wild turkey, coyote/fox (during the special permit season, Small Game Regulations), woodchuck nor bowhunters except a bowhunter using a deer decoy must wear hunter orange, as above, while transporting a decoy into or out of the woods. During the Six-day Firearm Season, it is recommended that bowhunters wear hunter orange.

here is the link:  http://www.eregulations.com/newjersey/hunting/general-hunting-regulations/

They copy that from the FW Council Regulations.  The laws made by elected legislators rule over regulations made by appointed clowns.  I'm not going thru this again.  You all believe whatever you want to believe.

5 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

BTW: that 23:4-13.1 statute is the small game orange statute. It is correct that hunting fox and yote under the small game statutes requires orange. Says so in the digest, too - page 27 and 54. It is only while hunting fox and yote under the rules of the special predator season permit that orange is not required.

As for turkey, the NJ Admin Code addresses this

There is similar verbiage for the special predator permit season in the admin code, too (so don't forget to look up the admin codes when trying to decipher the game laws).

Yes exactly!  So show the law that was interpreted to make the regulations. 

Screenshot_20200617-144726.jpg

5 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

They copy that from the FW Council Regulations.  The laws made by elected legislators rule over regulations made by appointed clowns.  I'm not going thru this again.  You all believe whatever you want to believe.

We went through this 100 times. The law also states the council has a free hand to change regulation if it deems necessary to manage and protect wild life. It makes sense to me and most of us, it is enforced this way and the court shows its agreement by backing violations issued by game wardens. You don't and that is fine but I think we will stick with what is being enforced

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

We went through this 100 times. The law also states the council has a free hand to change regulation if it deems necessary to manage and protect wild life. It makes sense to me and most of us, it is enforced this way and the court shows its agreement by backing violations issued by game wardens. You don't and that is fine but I think we will stick with what is being enforced

It doesn't say that anywhere but if you or anyone else wants to believe that go right ahead.

5 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

It doesn't say that anywhere but if you or anyone else wants to believe that go right ahead.

It does and it was quoted here several times, it was very clear but you come up with your own interpretation to ignore this specific law. I am not going there we killed this horse already :beatingdeadhorse:

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

It does and it was quoted here several times, it was very clear but you come up with your own interpretation to ignore this specific law. I am not going there we killed this horse already :beatingdeadhorse:

Actually no! I asked you over and over again to post it but you never posted it.

My last screenshot was from the administrative Proceedures act.  A regulation must be an intrepretation of a law.

Screenshot_20200617-145759.jpg

if you have 200 sq inches of other orange on you can have a logo on your hat, or even a camo hat there is one exception:

Wearing a hunter orange hat is mandatory when
firearm hunting for small game on wildlife management
areas stocked with pheasant or quail.

So a stocked WMA, better have a solid orange hat.

I always wear a solid orange cap, I know I'm legal.

7 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Actually no! I asked you over and over again to post it but you never posted it.

My last screenshot was from the administrative Proceedures act.  A regulation must be an intrepretation of a law.

Screenshot_20200617-145759.jpg

Not only I and actually two other guys, I remember Vdept posting it, posted it but we had a long conversation related to this specific law . Ill not be doing it again there is no point in it

Edited by Lunatic

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Not only I and actually two other guys, I remember Vdept posting it, posted it but we had a long conversation related to this specific law . Ill not be doing it again there is no point in it

Whatever!  You just keep believing it!  

Screenshot_20200617-150614.jpg

All I know is - when I'm out in the field, I'm interfacing with a CO, and if I'm ticketed, I'm going in front of a judge. And THOSE people do follow the wild game rules and laws as found in both the admin code as well as the statutes. Therefore, I will, too. This isn't a hill I'm willing to die on. 

Oh, and I only ever  wear orange hats that are solid orange with no logos ;)

P.S Elmer is in violation --> :fudd:

12 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

All I know is - when I'm out in the field, I'm interfacing with a CO, and if I'm ticketed, I'm going in front of a judge. And THOSE people do follow the wild game rules and laws as found in both the admin code as well as the statutes. Therefore, I will, too. This isn't a hill I'm willing to die on. 

Oh, and I only ever  wear orange hats that are solid orange with no logos ;)

P.S Elmer is in violation --> :fudd:

Elmer is not in violation anymore- they took his firearm from him. smh

2 hours ago, Gman said:

if you have 200 sq inches of other orange on you can have a logo on your hat, or even a camo hat there is one exception:

Wearing a hunter orange hat is mandatory when
firearm hunting for small game on wildlife management
areas stocked with pheasant or quail.

So a stocked WMA, better have a solid orange hat.

I always wear a solid orange cap, I know I'm legal.

Yes. It says: 200 sq inches orange on your body OR solid orange hat. Not "camo orange". 

Edited by archer36