IGNORED

Best Power Bait Hooks

Nomad

Years ago I bought one of round, dial hook holders that holds an assortment of long shank hooks.....I use the size 10 & 12s for trout n crappie n bigger sizes for bass n pickerel. 

I mold the power bait in an oblong tear drop shape, which is more hydrodynamic that a round ball and stays on hook better in swift currents, n hook sets seem to be high.... may be due to the longer shanks are more able to pivot on something in mouth area during hook set cuz they usually have the power bait swallowed in their gullet and a small hook just gets ripped out

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

Ask Bucks&Bows as he catches a lot on the his fly rod with power bait :fishing::laughing:

He is strictly a worm guy.............

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I been swearing by wet fly SCUD hooks in size 8-10-12 for more years than I can count. The shape of this hook style is amazing on hook sets with ANY trout bait and very rarely a gut hook. I generally do instant hook set with them and very lightly as they are razor sharp. Best bait hook going IMHO.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….