IGNORED

Air fryer recommendation

oldghost

DO NOT listen to these naysayers about air fryers sucking, they are awesome. My wife and I literally just made chicken strips for lunch; done is 10 mins and just as crispy as deep fried without the grease. We a power air fryer XL and we use it all the time. Yes, they’re bulky but totally worth the hassle of taking them out. Setup and cleanup take no time at all and a small child could figure out how to use them. Only downside is the basket, only does about 8-10 wings at a time 

• 2 years later...

Not long after I bought a Toshiba air fryer. So far my observations are:
* Very well packaged. It would take some exceptionally rough treatment in shipment to damage it. This was one of my concerns going in.
* User interface is clunky for some of the advanced stuff, probably wouldn't be able to use some functions without having the manual handy. But these are functions I likely will not use. Custom functions, auto recipes for certain types of foods , blech. I really just want a good microwave and convection oven, it's fine for that.
* If you want something that has one-button modes for "fish", "beef", "pizza", etc - I suggest something else, you has these functions but they are accessed through cryptic menu options that you will never remember without the manual. It does have a popcorn button right on the front though.
* It's particularly quiet. Hey, microwave ovens make a little bit of noise, and convection ovens have fans.
* I could do without the big "Toshiba" plastered across the front of the door. Free advertising, I guess.
* It was nice that they include a couple of metal racks to use for convection cooking.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:58 PM, oldghost said:

My wife is looking to buy an air fryer, does anyone have any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

A lot of new ovens come with an Air frier feature. So if you want to save space and you need a new oven it’s a great option. I have a Frigidaire range oven that also air fries that works great

Edited by Bushnlo

On 4/1/2020 at 7:26 PM, smittty said:

When my toaster oven dies I will replace it with an air fryer. Sounds like there one in the same 

I have one. It's a glorified toaster oven.  It can't do anything an oven or toaster oven can do.  Mine only cooks enough food for a couple of people so forget about making large family dinners. When I do use the "air fryer" function, I still have to turn food over for it to get crispy. 

I tried a piece of steak in it and it was horrible. 

Edited by archer36

4 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I bet it would deflect a .300 Win mag round fired at close range after putting a steak through air frying.  Not sure what you were thinking there.   

:)

Yeah, well I see people on Facebook all the time say "how delicious" steak comes out. Luckily, I only made a small piece of Tenderloin to test it out. :down:

Edited by archer36

54 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Yeah, well I see people on Facebook all the time say "how delicious" steak comes out. Luckily, I only made a small piece of Tenderloin to test it out. :down:

That’s odd. I guess we use ours enough that I wouldn’t ever try it for steak. We use it for fish more than anything. But veggies too. 

I been looking as well for 2 weeks- can't make my mind up if I want to replace my toaster with a toaster style one or if I want to get the other style where it doubles as a pressure cooker/slow cooker, souvied, and more. 

I was originally thinking replace toaster with that style but I'm so confused I can't make my mind up. 

We don't cook often bc my family eats so different..

I like fried

My wife like to eat cleaner

My kids hate everything

So we order out often bc it makes everyone happy to get what they like..

Trying to have more home cooked meals.

Screenshot_20230315_154248_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230315_154253_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230315_154240_Chrome.jpg

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy