IGNORED

Air fryer recommendation

oldghost

I literally use my Njnja XL everyday. (I think it's 12 In 1.) It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fry, and a buch other stuff. It cooks much faster then a regular oven. I even tried a ribeye in it. Now I won't cook a steak any other way. You can heat up left overs without getting soggy. IMHO it's the best appliance in the kitchen. https://www.macys.com/shop/product/ninja-foodi-8-qt.-12-in-1-deluxe-xl-pressure-cooker-air-fryer-stainless-steel-fd401?ID=9792484&pla_country=US&CAGPSPN=pla&trackingid=509x1054997904&m_sc=sem&m_sb=Google&m_tp=LIA&m_ac=Google_SH_PLA_Electrics&m_ag=Ninja&m_cn=GS_Electrics_LIA_Restruc&m_pi=go_cmp-18800030329_adg-143983156518_ad-632486825961_pla-1959378068768_dev-m_ext-_prd-622356558174USA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2cWgBhDYARIsALggUhqigpZoSUsTf6ff25QVOdbTtff8_zVjJuK-PQQoVpeBVsrcuas6tWAaAuISEALw_wcB

7 hours ago, archer36 said:

I have one. It's a glorified toaster oven.  It can't do anything an oven or toaster oven can do.  Mine only cooks enough food for a couple of people so forget about making large family dinners. When I do use the "air fryer" function, I still have to turn food over for it to get crispy. 

I tried a piece of steak in it and it was horrible. 

I do steaks and pork chops all the time they come out great.  Did this back strap in mine. Dry rub 375 for 11 minutes 

20230303_184134.jpg

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

I do steaks and pork chops all the time they come out great.  Did this back strap in mine. Dry rub 375 for 11 minutes 

20230303_184134.jpg

Maybe I did something wrong. :hmmmer:

Will try again. 

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I been looking as well for 2 weeks- can't make my mind up if I want to replace my toaster with a toaster style one or if I want to get the other style where it doubles as a pressure cooker/slow cooker, souvied, and more. 

I was originally thinking replace toaster with that style but I'm so confused I can't make my mind up. 

We don't cook often bc my family eats so different..

I like fried

My wife like to eat cleaner

My kids hate everything

So we order out often bc it makes everyone happy to get what they like..

Trying to have more home cooked meals.

Screenshot_20230315_154248_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230315_154253_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230315_154240_Chrome.jpg

If you like fried food keep in mind that food cooked in air fryer does not taste like it was fried. It tastes like baked food. 

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

If you like fried food keep in mind that food cooked in air fryer does not taste like it was fried. It tastes like baked food. 

I've experimented a bit.  Taking a spray bottle and a light coating of oil will give it tge fried taste but you do add the greese aspect to it than

An airfryer is just another tool in the kitchen. I do a ton of cooking/ smoking and am very picky about my food. IMO an airfryer is great for salmon, veggies, shrimp, homemade chicken nuggets, just to name a few. It won't replace every appliance in the kitchen, but if you know how to use one the right way, they're great.  I have the Ninja Foodie with 2 side by side baskets. Highly recommend it. 

I use my air fryer all the time instead of an oven. I hardly even use my oven anymore. I cook everything in it. For steaks a use the temp probe to bring it slowly to the temp desired at 210 and then reverse sear. 
If mine breaks I will buy another the next day. 
Nuwave Airfryer 

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to Air fryer recommendation