IGNORED

Made Great shot on a nice 8!

JHbowhunter

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

Not really - this is about the best there is that I have seen with the eye or cam, but I am hunting the ghosts that the rut will hopefully expose.  I barely hunted fall bow but 3 times then tagged out.  I really want to buck hunt a little more.  This one really put my fortitude to the test though!

I have a few ghosts on my wall. No sightings no pics except the day I shot them

www.liftxrentals.com

15 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Great buck Jack.  If I have to think about shooting a deer, it’s the wrong deer to shoot!  It’s a long season and you never know what the rut may bring under your stand!  If it doesn’t give you the “wow” factor, why shoot?  Great video!  It was a dead deer if you wanted him, good decision  

I am looking at the videos day after and it does give me "WOW" factor... LOL...   Yeah his saving grace was having him on camera on minerals all summer alongside the 10pt I did harvest in September, pretty much declaring that he will definitely get a pass.    Without all that intel - no doubt he would have gotten a VPA though the lungs!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

just noticed his brow is even more split on his right side, the last video shows it.   Given he has bumps where G4's will grow, he will be a 5x5 with fully spit brows next year making him a 12 pt...   But we all know - somebody will shoot him or a car will. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 minutes ago, megavites said:

Jack, so he never crossed your trail or got down wind? Cool vids!

i almost got down as soon as i got in stand... N wind is blowing right into my primary shooting lane and into the biggest thicket / bedding / rutting area.   I left for the spot with forecast as S wind all afternoon (best wind).  I got into tree and freaked out that wind was pure N.  I no sooner got my bow up and 3 doe blew out of thicket to my east as if they winded me from my South.   (they could have been pushed out by buck).   I tested scent flow with milkweed floater and it showed that my scent was rising (due to clearing skies after heavy rains) so I stuck it out.  15 minutes later this guy basically was 360 degrees around stand never once got nervous.  After the big  buck show - I had a mature very large doe standing in same lane dead down wind, feeding on natural browse.    Never got nervous.    Then a dink came from no where and ran her off so I got down last light.       

I also been using my new Scent Lok Ozone bag before each hunt - just recharging clothes 10 minutes while I shower...   can't say enough evidence yet to say it makes a difference...   But just a handful of hunts, two very mature bucks close enough to kill (one was killed in September) so no complaints so far. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

Great buck Jack. But you know he will have a chance to grow if you don't shoot him. You and I love this game of trying to take mature bucks. He is a mature in standards for NJ but they get the best jump in their rack at 4.5-5.5 year old. Next year he will be a solid buck that you wont have to think about. Just like the 10pt you took early season has been around a couple years and may become the new bully of the woods. Awesome phone videos