IGNORED

Made Great shot on a nice 8!

JHbowhunter

Yesterday, October 27th, with my i-phone that is. ....   Here is by far the best video footage I ever took on the best NJ buck I ever passed up. Slightly kicking myself a little today as I keep looking at the videos, but very very satisfying to hopefully give this buck a chance at making it another year.   Some of you have already seen this video.   

For those new to hunting and hunting the  pre-rut/rut - I can share how I was able to get this buck come in so close for the great footage.   

1) I was hunting the thickest, natural funnel I have - no bait, no cameras.  This is where the does go to hide from the bucks, and where the bucks can cruise all day looking for them. This is where you want to be over open woods right now - thicker the better.  He showed up around 3:45 PM "seeking".   I flipped my doe in heat can with two bleats and before I could even get the bow up he ran into my shooting lane broadside at 27 yards.  I recognized him from my trail cam pics this year, as a buck I really wanted to let go although it seeing him live made it extremely difficult. He was too far and on edge to attempt to video him and also put bow back down. 

2) He hung around a bit, drifted back off into the thicket.  I then gave a grunting sequence and within 10 seconds he came charging back, to within about 40 yards and froze, he was looking for the buck who's ass he really wanted to kick.   He stood there for a good two minutes.

3) To finish him off, I gave him two more grunts but not "at him" I aimed grunt tube behind me.     He quickly worked his way to 15 yards for easy kill shots and even closer at 7 yards.    Eventually he gave up trying to find me and resumed his doe-seeking.

What a thrill!  And better yet, I still have my tag and get to hunt a little longer...  Looking at these videos is nearly as good a  shoulder mount.  Watch all 3 in sequence, they are short and sweet. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 minutes ago, Bone collector 85 said:

You must have giants running around id of shot that some bitch lol

Not really - this is about the best there is that I have seen with the eye or cam, but I am hunting the ghosts that the rut will hopefully expose.  I barely hunted fall bow but 3 times then tagged out.  I really want to buck hunt a little more.  This one really put my fortitude to the test though!

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Cool vids Jack. Nice heavy buck. Maybe a bit wider next year would be nice.

or even more mass, and 10" G2's, 9" G3s... etc... LOL...  Oh and he has the G4 bumps will be a 10pt for sure next year. Really think he is only 3.5 years old.  This sport is a mental disease (as my better half constantly reminds me).   

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

14 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

or even more mass, and 10" G2's, 9" G3s... etc... LOL...  Oh and he has the G4 bumps will be a 10pt for sure next year. Really think he is only 3.5 years old.  This sport is a mental disease (as my better half constantly reminds me).   

I have a nice heavy 7 point who is just itching to be shot but he's only 3.5 as well. I like the game and thrill of it as much as the kill. Try videoing your hunts....it adds more fun and difficulty.

1 hour ago, Bone collector 85 said:

You must have giants running around id of shot that some bitch lol

Thats why he has giants running around. 

Good move Jack. 

A true trophy hunter knows, if you have to think about its not big enough. 

You have a tag for another day. 

Its not even November yet

www.liftxrentals.com