IGNORED

What Happened To The Poacher? 12/4 results added

Tarhunt

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

True, period. Burden of proof is always on the State. Judges can only penalize what is written into the statute. The maximum is what the law states the maximum is.

Right, that is how it works.  But how would you structure the law to hold such poachers accountable?  It's clear the current laws aren't really much to be concerned about.

11 minutes ago, nb6624 said:

From what I'm told the rack and a few others will be on the njfw.wall of shame and used to deter scumbag poachers 

Where is this wall of shame?  Who ever sees it?  If it's in the NJDFW office, I don't think many poachers or hunters see it.  If anything it's a message "Here's what you can get here in NJ if you're willing to poach and pay $2,000 in fines"

5 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Right, that is how it works.  But how would you structure the law to hold such poachers accountable?  It's clear the current laws aren't really much to be concerned about.

Poaching Wildlife and Tresspassing are two different things and should not be confused. One is game code violation and other is criminal code. Most times both ocurr together. In the interest of Justice and to not waste the Courts time, many violations are merged and dismissed as a part of a plea bargain deal. Again, that is how it works. 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Poaching Wildlife and Tresspassing are two different things and should not be confused. One is game code violation and other is criminal code. Most times both ocurr together. In the interest of Justice and to not waste the Courts time, many violations are merged and dismissed as a part of a plea bargain deal. Again, that is how it works. 

I understand how it works today, I'm still asking what you would do differently (if you could craft the laws) that would make it more effective :)

10 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I understand how it works today, I'm still asking what you would do differently (if you could craft the laws) that would make it more effective :)

I ain't no legislator, just a dumb redneck deplorable

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

In Ohio , if your caught hunting without written permission , you stand to forfeit anything your using during that hunt .

take their equipment , and make them pay a fine for replacement of the deer .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

A quick scroll through the CO Facebook shows a lot of these cases. Maybe hunting out of season should become a gun charge. Same as carrying a weapon in commission of a crime?

Screenshot_20191206-064728_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk