IGNORED

The power of BACON

LPJR

13 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Buy day scallops , you will never want bacon around them .

so much sweeter flavor.

Right.  Any scallops other than day scallops have been treated with some kind of preservative that leaves a bleachy taste that is impossible to get rid of and just ruins the enjoyment because instead of sweetness you get bleach.

If scallops taste/feel rubbery they have been overlooked.

I grew up on a small estuary in England and the scallops that we would get from the boats were huge and so sweet that when I was a kid I did not like them.

After ordering them at restaurants here in NJ and paying top dollar for bleach flavored scallops  or bay scallops I honestly gave up.  Occasionally see day scallops and I snap them up when I do.

I wish I knew of a reliable and consistent source for them here in NJ Open to suggestions actually...

35 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

Right.  Any scallops other than day scallops have been treated with some kind of preservative that leaves a bleachy taste that is impossible to get rid of and just ruins the enjoyment because instead of sweetness you get bleach.

If scallops taste/feel rubbery they have been overlooked.

I grew up on a small estuary in England and the scallops that we would get from the boats were huge and so sweet that when I was a kid I did not like them.

After ordering them at restaurants here in NJ and paying top dollar for bleach flavored scallops  or bay scallops I honestly gave up.  Occasionally see day scallops and I snap them up when I do.

I wish I knew of a reliable and consistent source for them here in NJ Open to suggestions actually...

Can buy them right at the CO OP in point pleasant where they come in .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

47 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Can buy them right at the CO OP in point pleasant where they come in .

At what time do they tend to come in?  If dependent on tide then at what point in the tide can I expect them?  Buying them right off of the boats is how I would get them as a boy with my dad - as fresh as they get then.

Edited by madeinuk
Fat fingers