IGNORED

Nantucket doormats

fdsmiles

if you must see pics please go to the voyager site and see all the fish you want,i for one don't need another fish pic.i used a 4oz bucktail all the time we were fluking and never had a problem.

new jersey on its best day never had the fluking that mass has.the trip is $650.00 and well worth it,do the math.most of the traveling is done while the peeps are a sleep so ya really never notice it.i have been fishing up there since 1977 and it just keeps getting better.the have low fishing pressure on the fluke as most of the peeps fluking up there are out of staters.they have habitat,bait and clean water.you don't go to catch fluke,you go to catch the giant fluke.give capt jeff a call as this is a trip of a lifetime.i am on the july and the august trips and can't wait.

if anyone has any questions please shoot me a pm and i would be happy to help.

17 minutes ago, fdsmiles said:

if you must see pics please go to the voyager site and see all the fish you want,i for one don't need another fish pic.i used a 4oz bucktail all the time we were fluking and never had a problem.

new jersey on its best day never had the fluking that mass has.the trip is $650.00 and well worth it,do the math.most of the traveling is done while the peeps are a sleep so ya really never notice it.i have been fishing up there since 1977 and it just keeps getting better.the have low fishing pressure on the fluke as most of the peeps fluking up there are out of staters.they have habitat,bait and clean water.you don't go to catch fluke,you go to catch the giant fluke.give capt jeff a call as this is a trip of a lifetime.i am on the july and the august trips and can't wait.

Sounds like a great trip!

Just wondering cost/per lb of fish in the freezer....i couldn't do $650 for trip unless I was stockin freezer with fish for the family. 

You must follow the regs of the state you fishing as long as the boat is in that state then when returning to your home port you must be in compliance with that state And that goes for commercial or recreational. Now that being said I do believe that boat was fishing federal waters witch is non-regulated so the boat would have to comply with the regs the the fish are landed in and in this case it would be nj. Remember if your in federal waters you can have all the fluke you want onboard but once you enter state waters that's when you must comply that is inside three miles.  Hope that helps 

Edited by smittty

the trip is 2 days of fishing.we fluked from 6:15am till noon.we then steamed two hours to the jigging grounds and started fishing around 2-2:15 with lights out haddock cod and pollock.we

stopped drifting at 8pm and the captain anchors up for the evening.some guys started fishing when we were anchored and started to bail the haddock.a few stayed up all night and had over 100 fish before dawn.at 5:30am the captain pulled the anchor and we drifted until 5pm when we headed home.thats 12 hours of fishing the first day{if you stopped at 8pm}and 12 hours the 2nd day.yes you can fill your freezer!!!! i guess my question would be "why do so many knock this trip when they never have tried it"??.

43 minutes ago, fdsmiles said:

For 650 bucks you can fish 4 on a local party boat there .

or 3 days on a charter boat.

if going for a long boat ride suits you so be it .

IM def not going on a boat for those hours to fluke fish .

as far as only needing 4 Oz , you must have hit a great window in the tide , as most trips were fishing 8-24 Oz last week .

great body of large fish there for sure , with less than 10 boats working the area,

but pressure is soon coming there , no longer the secret it once was 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

like i said before if you have not been then how would you know.they do five a year and they sell out on all,most repeat customers?????  pictures!!!! really????they are out on a tile fish trip

Buck154 but when they get back in tomorrow i'm sure they will post the pics.

1 minute ago, fdsmiles said:

like i said before if you have not been then how would you know.they do five a year and they sell out on all,most repeat customers?????  pictures!!!! really????they are out on a tile fish trip

Buck154 but when they get back in tomorrow i'm sure they will post the pics.

Hey just busting balls but i'm sure you took pictures of the 10#ers. Everyone has phones now a days. Talking about fish without pictures is just talk and boring. It would be like having the most sexy wife/girlfriend and not taking her out in public...Just saying

It is easy to get spoiled on trips like this.

I remember when the Outer Banks was THE place to tuna fish, we had a LOT of charters down there, and if we didn't come back with 12 yellowfins, it was a disappointing day. Along with more mahi than you'd care to eat, bonus wahoos, and a decent shot at hooking a sailfish or marlin. That's all memories now, I guess the sushi craze hasn't helped things much. Boats are coming into Oregon Inlet now with 4 tuna (some eaten 1/2 by sharks) and talking about a great day.

When I lived in Florida you could jump on a party boat & catch more grouper and snappers than you could fit in a cooler, it was the same fishing from Indian River or Cape May when I was a kid, I dreaded having to help the old man clean all the fish he came home with.

I don't know how you can compare a trip like this to fishing locally; all day picking through sea bass shorts or undersize flounder to make 1 dinner? Yes, $650 isn't cheap, but neither is gas, insurance, and everyone's time. Seems like 3 days on a six pack still doesn't equate to all the meat you will bring home, and it sounds like you get more actual time fishing here. Plus the memories that last the rest of your lifetime....

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

to each their own.i only posted to let anyone who is heading north for fluke that they are there and in good numbers.you are so right about being spoiled.i fluke allot here in nj and always will

but when i want to catch many big fish i will head north.i love to see the looks on a peeps face when they land their pb fluke.Lou is there and what a piece of work.had me laughing the whole time.

Edited by fdsmiles

30 minutes ago, fdsmiles said:

to each their own.i only posted to let anyone who is heading north for fluke that they are there and in good numbers.you are so right about being spoiled.i fluke allot here in nj and always will

but when i want to catch many big fish i will head north.i love to see the looks on a peeps face when they land their pb fluke.Lou is there and what a piece of work.had me laughing the whole time.

The shoals are def a fluke mecca, 

Quality of the fish is worth the price of admission.

That being said . 

All boats up there are keeping boat limits daily of very mature females. 

I know just last week charters didn't keep a fish under 8 pounds in their full boat limits.

Killing the best breeding stock the ocean has to offer .

It's just my opinion but until guys get over hero shots of deckloads  of any kind of fish. We are our own worst nightmare .

Would benefit the fishery greatly to be taking fish from many different age classes than just killing mature fish. 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/