IGNORED

4 lb 7oz tiger trout

Thanks. I spoke w a game warden and a guy from hatchery. It was a male that was privately stocked pretty far away from a club. They were impressed it traveled that far. It was NJ. If it was native it wouldn't have gotten that big. 

Nice tiger. A bunch of years ago now, the Musky Trout Hatchery‘s raceways we’re inundated in a Delaware river flood and many tiger trout wound up in the Delaware river. Within a week those same fish were being caught all the way up in the Beaverkill and east and west branches. They can travel a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

wow real nice - PA or NJ?  I didn't think NJ has those.  I know stocks them

Private clubs stock them, but they occur in nature wherever we have native brook trout and wild brown trout.  But they won't grow to that size normally if wild.  Tigers are unable to reproduce, so they grow faster and are typically more hungry and fight harder for their size than either of their unnatural parents would be.  And by "unnatural", I mean that brook trout are native to 17 eastern US states and parts of Canada whereas brown trout came from Europe.  These two species of salmonids did not evolve together.