IGNORED

Trout Opener Check In

Ringtail

I was not able to fish, but enjoyed every minute watching my son and my buddy's daughter fish at the Flatbrook....I set up his vest like it was my own including the retractable hemostats, and this was the first time since he started fishing for trout at the Flatbrook with me that I was not able to be standing next to him (to help with any issues or tangles, etc..)

He did great. No issues, and even was the one helping others out at times.....I was proud and sad at the same time if any parent knows what I mean...

They grow up way too fast. Don't blink. 

Jr caught one and said it had a tag attached to it's lip....Turns out it was a tagged trout by the state from the hatchery for the "hook a winner program" which he thought was pretty cool. 

thumbnail_Resized_20190406_142146_4437.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190406_161355_5956.jpg

thumbnail_20190406_133830.jpg

1 hour ago, bucky said:

Hit the South Branch and the Musky today,both were moving a little fast, ended up with 14 also pulled the hook on a couple of big ones,but that's fishing:up:KIMG1630_2.thumb.jpeg.373eb806477461dbabfc94183ad93d04.jpeg

Don't lie. You bought those from a fish market in Brooklyn lol. Nice fish:up:

1 hour ago, LPJR said:

I was not able to fish, but enjoyed every minute watching my son and my buddy's daughter fish at the Flatbrook....I set up his vest like it was my own including the retractable hemostats, and this was the first time since he started fishing for trout at the Flatbrook with me that I was not able to be standing next to him (to help with any issues or tangles, etc..)

He did great. No issues, and even was the one helping others out at times.....I was proud and sad at the same time if any parent knows what I mean...

Jr caught one and said it had a tag attached to it's lip....Turns out it was a tagged trout by the state from the hatchery for the "hook a winner program" which he thought was pretty cool. 

Awesome! I got one last year. You win a 14 ft jon boat and rod reel. 

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

38 minutes ago, LPJR said:

I think they are Jet boats this year Nick...:rofl:

Nice looking fish..! They give you a patch and an award for those..

12 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Went to Big hole on Flatbrook where I loaded up last opener -but it was already surrounded 6am.  Joke was on them not a single trout was caught there. I went 200 yards above and fished a beautiful stretch had it all to myself.  Never had a hit. Fished all the way down through the hole not even a hit.  Was gonna leave but........  but........  then an absolute trout slam fest happened 

E704ACAC-636F-485E-B7C1-E09D02903174.jpeg

8CEA128A-7AB2-45E1-86D0-BB42A27F2A03.jpeg

Read the whole post.  Petty awesome fishing you had.   No browns though?  Looks like no one is catching browns on the f-brook any more.  Last one I caught up there flyfishing was  in 2015 at the 206 bridge but every year since no more.  

1 minute ago, stratocaster said:

Read the whole post.  Petty awesome fishing you had.   No browns though?  Looks like no one is catching browns on the f-brook any more.  Last one I caught up there flyfishing was  in 2015 at the 206 bridge but every year since no more.  

All rainbows.  Half were probably holdovers. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….