IGNORED

Would you shoot this Buck?

Buck154

1 hour ago, njbowhntr said:

I would shoot him. 

Posts like this get me thinking about people and views of what is a trophy. This is similar to a hunting show post in my eyes. When someone shoots a buck they contemplate whether they should post pics of it because of posts like this. Then when people post pics of bucks they feel they need to add “Not the biggest.”  I for one am a meat hunter and have no problem admitting that. In my eyes any deer a release an arrow on is a trophy  a trophy to me is big hind quarters that provides lean healthy protein for my family  

So good for you on passing on him. And good for you on guilty someone who shoots deer smaller, because to them any deer is a trophy. 

Knowing john personally I know this is not his mindset..  I shot a buck last season a decent 9..  we called him the kyak 9 because we needed to use kyaks to get him out..  john was more than excited to help and was very excited when we got him..  I know it would have been one john passed but he was excited for my harvest

Interesting answers. I grew up on a family farm 45 plus years ago. I have shot many deer in my life. Herds of 50 or more would pike in the alfalfa fields. sometimes i would estimate a couple hundred deer . The field was about 700 acres . I could care less about antlers. I try to shoot two deer a year and in different zones. I don't shoot fawns but anything else that presents a good high percentage shot is probably going to be back straps and or jerky.  To each his or her own