IGNORED

Looking to buy a 1986 ATC 250R 3 wheeler

MPSR

For all of you 3 wheeler junkies out their, I have been looking for a mint unmolested 1986 250R.. I just met a gentleman in wantage that has over 50 3 wheelers in his pole barn as he is a collector. Not willing to part with any 250R's some still had the tags on them. Unreal..!I was taken back in time.

I have been bidding on Ebay and their are some crazies out their that are paying between 7-10K for one which is insane. I know they are a collectors items but 5 is my limit.

You never know, someone on here just may have one in a shed that wants to part with it..

Bump me if you know anyone that has one.   

Damn I miss my 250R  I had an 86 that I did some work too.  It was crazy fast, wound up selling it to my brother in law about 10 years ago.  It was too fast for him so he was afraid to ride it.  He sold it after it sat in his garage for 2 years and made money on the deal.  I should have bought it back, but didn't have a place to ride anymore.  If I would have known they were going to get the prices they are now I would have held onto it.  Good luck finding one

looking for one to for collectors item.. I have a restored 1986 ATC 200x.. 

3 wheelers should have never been taken off the market. Their are just as many people injured each year on snowmobile and 4 wheelers as during the ATC days. The difference is 4 wheelers were just coming into the error and hungry lawyers found huge claims to make money in where people buying these bikes never had a clue on how to ride them.. I have owned a 400EX 700xx and sportman 1000 and XP 850. Where does it end..? ATV's now approach the 100 MPH mark and are not meant for the road. Difference is to own these and to ride them outside your own yard you need to have insurance.. in the 80s their was no insurance for 3 wheelers just attorneys and lawsuits against the manufactures..

I had several,,,,,my favorite off road toys to ride. Ya just gotta know how to ride them. If you get on and race into a turn without leaning, you're going over. Had a Kawasaki Tecate 250 I should've kept. Would love to get another one. MPSR, I had a 200x as well, great bike. Also had a 250 sx that had reverse which was nice. One day, I'll get up to Lou's to ride his :). Good luck in your search

2 hours ago, MPSR said:

looking for one to for collectors item.. I have a restored 1986 ATC 200x.. 

3 wheelers should have never been taken off the market. Their are just as many people injured each year on snowmobile and 4 wheelers as during the ATC days. The difference is 4 wheelers were just coming into the error and hungry lawyers found huge claims to make money in where people buying these bikes never had a clue on how to ride them.. I have owned a 400EX 700xx and sportman 1000 and XP 850. Where does it end..? ATV's now approach the 100 MPH mark and are not meant for the road. Difference is to own these and to ride them outside your own yard you need to have insurance.. in the 80s their was no insurance for 3 wheelers just attorneys and lawsuits against the manufactures..

Where does it end you and your family having better chance of getting hurt on a 3 wheeler. Do as you want seems like you have lots of money to blow on toys.  Good for you. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I can distinctly remember almost getting killed on one of these when I was a kid. It was my friend's trike and we were stupid 12 , 13 year olds thinking we were indestructible. I lucked out and only had the tree cut up my leg from my knee to my foot - but the damn thing almost landed on top of me when I skimmed off the tree and flipping when I took a turn too fast. My friend's parents eventually made him get rid of it when one of his uncles got hurt really bad on one soon after that. 

I've owned many Honda 3 wheelers since 1983 (13 y/o), I don't know how many thousands of miles riding trapping, hunting, getting to and fro but it's a lot.  The very first 5 mins in 1983 I put my foot down when I was riding (felt like it was going to tip so that was my natural reaction) and the back tire grabbed me and pulled me off.  That never happened again.  One other time I flipped trying to slide around a corner with my brother.. that never happened again either.    My current ATC is a 1985 Honda Big Red I picked up from orig owner for $350.  I had it running within the hour and it's nice!  For those of you that drive these huge quads (I have one of those for heavy mud or snow) when you jump on these light little ATC's it feels awesome, like a little circus trike!    Sweet for checking cameras and running errands around the farm. 

007.jpg

On 12/27/2018 at 7:40 PM, Lphunsjr said:

Had a Kawasaki Tecate 250 I should've kept. 

I almost died on one of those - that horrible green color.  I had a 4 stroke Honda 200X which was fun to ride, but my buddy wanted more "power" for hill climbs and speed.  Nothing like a 250 2-stroke with that legendary "power band" that kicks in.      

Well the most dangerous design of that model I thought, was having a standard motorcycle throttle (the handle), whereas my 200X had a thumb throttle.  

I wanted to try the Tecate - but was a little scared to be honest.   I took it for a spin, went up a hill in my parents woods to park it and return to my buddy, and decided to hit the power band hard and peel out going up the hill.  

Well that power band kicked in and took the front wheel immediately off the ground and as I tried to hang on for dear life, I only increased power and acceleration by hanging onto that handle (AKA "THROTTLE") and giving it more gas!    The only thing that stopped me was a tree hitting the rear tire and sending me 30 feet in the air as I came to rest with my head against a stump. (no helmet)    I was bruised and battered, a bit in shock, but nothing broke on me. Wish I could say same for that 3 wheeler- I think it cost me $1,500 to fix, starting with the bent axle.   I decided right then and there, 2-stroke 3 wheelers were death machines - especially with that turn-screw throttle!

(Used up one of my 9 lives right there - think I only have a few left)

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….