IGNORED

...and there you have it!

_X7

3 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Stop with the shorter season. Make it as short as you like it for yourself and let others do the same. It is not about  how long you hunt them. It is about how many you kill.

Exactly what I do. Work keeps me from hunting as much as I would like. The long season gives me an opportunity. I take a mature doe in September and then focus on my target buck. I pass on several deer because success to me is about the quality deer.  

a lot of you seem angry about deer hunting... Remember - IT'S NJ, and it really ain't all that bad for the most densely populated state...        It would be impossible to come up with a policy that pleases everyone.

And that is why, in all due respect - you should really leave it to me, because I promise you I will do best for all, a little something something for everyone...    I swear

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

13 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

a lot of you seem angry about deer hunting... Remember - IT'S NJ, and it really ain't all that bad for the most densely populated state...        It would be impossible to come up with a policy that pleases everyone.

And that is why, in all due respect - you should really leave it to me, because I promise you I will do best for all, a little something something for everyone...    I swear

All I ask is if you have private land stay on it, no baiting and no shooting button bucks and unlimited does have to stop.

But I am not asking for much

19 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

That's the thing there is something for every one.   Dont like the Unlimited season come down here to the pines where some zones is 1 deer.. specifically zone 21. .  21 has a week shorter ext bow I don't mean 1 doe and one buck its one deer per season except 6 day.  1 doe day.  18 Is one buck one doe 3 doe days  Want to hunt bigger bucks hunt a 3 point rule zone..  I hunt multiple zones for diversity.  Just because one lives in one zone doesn't mean he can't venture to another...  the pine barrens has miles of land barely touched.   

Edited by vdep217

I've posted this before but I'll do it again..  if deer numbers were as low as some state why are total harvest numbers relatively constant.. 99 to 04 where the peak numbers.  Other than those years harvests are within about 12 000. Meaning as sustainable population by the numbers..  again I know some don't believe the numbers but until someone proves it its what we have as a guide..  so with no other facts my conclusion based on numbers of harvest the guys saying the deer numbers are way down mean they don't see what they did 15 years ago..   in the big picture 20 thousand is not a huge number and can be attributed to s number of factors but my number one presumption would be the increase in traffic on our roads.    Deer killed by vehicles have went way up as have the number of drivers on our roads... 

As I said you want to convince me other wise prove it to me with facts and data as I have to make my points...

Screenshot_20180508-200528.png

Edited by vdep217

16 hours ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Every wma or public land within an hour 0f me has been shot up... Seriously even in the hard to get to areas the deer numbers are nill. after 5 years I have watched a nice herd dwindle to nothing and when I let them  go to grow some fucktard who only gets out 2 times a year shoots the hell out of them because the $27 really breaks the bank and they need to.

I am currently looking for private pieces, I am done with public for now, this season really taxed me and I truly loathe NJ hunters.

I say BS. There are so many pieces, some not tiny that we NEVER see a car at. Besides the part where many new pieces take a few years to get posted as WMA but are on the list.

problem is people don't want to do the real research, and why would those tart have just give them all the info.

Guys hunting non productive areas think all areas are like that because they are too lazy to look.

There are many open areas that need to have TONS of deer shot.

if course FG is hearing about those areas more and base the whole state on game rich areas which is ass backwards.

.there are ALOT of limited permit township areas to hunt that you need to get in line for. They are great spots, and best part is you don't have to lose sleep over tresspassers as the park police do it for you . EVERY one of those pieces turn into great santuarys.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Not to totally disagree with you but there is a BIG difference between public land and private land and the way deer are managed on both. 

Not entirely true, There are lots of deer hunting programs on Public lands that aren't all WMA that have super strict polices.

and many of them are deer sanctuaries

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

8 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I've posted this before but I'll do it again..  if deer numbers were as low as some state why are total harvest numbers relatively constant.. 99 to 04 where the peak numbers.  Other than those years harvests are within about 12 000. Meaning as sustainable population by the numbers..  again I know some don't believe the numbers but until someone proves it its what we have as a guide..  so with no other facts my conclusion based on numbers of harvest the guys saying the deer numbers are way down mean they don't see what they did 15 years ago..   in the big picture 20 thousand is not a huge number and can be attributed to s number of factors but my number one presumption would be the increase in traffic on our roads.    Deer killed by vehicles have went way up as have the number of drivers on our roads... 

As I said you want to convince me other wise prove it to me with facts and data as I have to make my points...

Screenshot_20180508-200528.png

Interesting

On the surface there appears to be a drop. Compare first 7 years of 2000 and last 7 years. There is 25% drop in harvest. What's interesting, during the same period of time,  is the diminishing number of kills during 6 day , 42%, and Muzzloader looks the same.
However when you look at the 90s the number is almost identical to what we have now.
It looks cyclical, it does not look like the population is suffering.
Look at 80s and the conclusion is the state is doing a good job? Since then its a 100% improvement. 

12 hours ago, Lunatic said:

It would not if the bag  limit was sensible.

Totally not true. Its isn't the amount of deer being shot that pushes the deer into non huntable areas.

Its the intrusion caused without a break in the seasons to allow deer to go back to normal movement in ALL areas.

reason extended gun season puts extra pressure on the deer is when guys aren't seeing deer they start to push properties.

If everyone was a pot hunter, then it wouldn't matter what their weapon choice was.

There are very few bow hunters doing drives, that's a big difference,

Breaks in season bring QUALITY back to the hunts, allowing more relaxed deer to be seen  each hunt.

IMO having less hunting days that are more productive is way better than having 6 month long seasons where you can get out and not see a deer.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Totally not true. Its isn't the amount of deer being shot that pushes the deer into non huntable areas.

Its the intrusion caused without a break in the seasons to allow deer to go back to normal movement in ALL areas.

reason extended gun season puts extra pressure on the deer is when guys aren't seeing deer they start to push properties.

If everyone was a pot hunter, then it wouldn't matter what their weapon choice was.

There are very few bow hunters doing drives, that's a big difference,

Breaks in season bring QUALITY back to the hunts, allowing more relaxed deer to be seen  each hunt.

IMO having less hunting days that are more productive is way better than having 6 month long seasons where you can get out and not see a deer.

How many guys would be driving late into the season if the limit was two bucks and 2 does for the year? Gun hunters would fill their tags very quickly in December and there would be no guns in the woods for winter bow. IMO

Edited by Lunatic

12 hours ago, Ryanm said:

I still would like to know when hunting went from enjoyment of the outdoors and memories with families to how old? What did he score? Oh man should have gave him another year!

when you hunt for as many years as some of us have you will understand it.

WE didn't understand it 40 years ago either. but hunting mature deer takes hunting to another level.

I don't have to shoot anything to have a great hunt. AM super happy enjoying the peace in the woods watching nature at its finest.

it becomes more about the hunt than just the kill

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

12 hours ago, Ryanm said:

I still would like to know when hunting went from enjoyment of the outdoors and memories with families to how old? What did he score? Oh man should have gave him another year!

I think it all changed when this state allowed crossbows, baiting, and extended seasons with unlimited harvests.  It made it much easier to “pick and choose” what animal you were going to take.  The use of cameras also tells a whole different story of what is coming and when he is coming allowing hunters to confidently let certain deer go in hopes of killing another particular animal.  The stupid pro staff TV shows changed they way most “new” hunters think and talk about deer.  I see people call just about any nice buck “about 125” because they are almost embarrassed if they kill something under P&Y.  In reality, most nice mature NJ bucks will average 115” which is very respectable in my opinion.  Social media has had a huge negative impact on us all, everybody is worried what the public will think or say.  Just enjoy yourself.  I love killing big deer but I challenge myself and ways I hunt so I could enjoy hunting and not killing.

59 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Interesting

On the surface there appears to be a drop. Compare first 7 years of 2000 and last 7 years. There is 25% drop in harvest. What's interesting, during the same period of time,  is the diminishing number of kills during 6 day , 42%, and Muzzloader looks the same.
However when you look at the 90s the number is almost identical to what we have now.
It looks cyclical, it does not look like the population is suffering.
Look at 80s and the conclusion is the state is doing a good job? Since then its a 100% improvement. 

Thank you for actually looking at the info.. the years you talk about were the start of the modern doe days the state realizing a population boom and the numbers staying pretty steady indicate the correct action is being taken to keep a sustainable population..

56 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

How many guys would be driving late into the season if the limit was two bucks and 2 does for the year? Gun hunters would fill their tags very quickly in December and there would be no guns in the woods for winter bow. IMO

Again doing that according to the numbers would cause a spike in population and could put burden on the land