IGNORED

Savage 220 is awesome!

Dollar for dollar the savage 220 in this exact combo is hard to beat.  

It it used to be the HR best dollar for dollar but now the 20 gauge HR is going for more money then the savage. 

If if you look you can still find a great deal on a mint 12 gauge ultra slug like 300 and under just have to act quick.  As far as the 20 gauges are concerned I glad I each bought one for my boys when they was very little think I paid like 225 each.  As of now sorry but I would not pay 600 plus for thr H R that kinda money you looking at the 1996 browning a bolt  . 

I have an HR Tracker II (much like the USH) in 12 gauge.  I've been wanting a camo stainless 220 for a few years now, even though I hardly gun hunt now but for the times I'd like to hunt on the fly and have a lighter gun to pack in with great accuracy, it seems like perfect fit. :up:

I know they don't make the HR Tracker II or USH any more, so I'd probably hold on to me.  It was a gem of a buy and shoots very well!

3 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

All you 220 owners shooting stock guns, or have you done any upgrades?

I bought my 220 in 2010. It continues to shoot flawlessly so I see no reason to upgrade.  My only complaint is that I have to be forceful with the action but I rarely need a follow-up shot because the gun so accurate.