IGNORED

11/17 - Bills Quest for his Buck. Get her done Bill

BillW0323

28 minutes ago, BillW0323 said:

So I had a dog tracker meet me at 6:30. We tracked the deer for close to a half mile. Within the last 125 yards the deer bedded down three times. We ended up jumping him with him  Bed down 20 yards from us. We backed out and are going to go back in the morning.  

Be ready to shoot - may want to hold the dog back.  You need to be out ahead ready to get another BH through him.   He is either bedded down dying, or resting and regaining strength.  (yes that could happen - despite what appears to be a massive blood loss)   Also hope there are no coyotes in the area.    

Looking forward to a happy ending - GOOD LUCK

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Be ready to shoot - may want to hold the dog back.  You need to be out ahead ready to get another BH through him.   He is either bedded down dying, or resting and regaining strength.  (yes that could happen - despite what appears to be a massive blood loss)   Also hope there are no coyotes in the area.    

Looking forward to a happy ending - GOOD LUCK

Yeah I was thinking I’ll walk ahead of the dog this time just in case. When we jumped him I heard a bunch of branches breaking after a couple of minutes. Could of been him walking away or hopefully he crashed. There’s definitely coyote in the area so that was a concern. With the amount of blood loss he’s had and how cold it’ll be tonight I doubt he will make it through the night. Hard to tell. The tracker and I agree with what others have said and we think I got liver. We will see what the morning brings. I doubt he’ll be far at this point being that he bed down 3 times within 125 yards and blood in each bed. He’s hurt bad just needs the time to expire.