IGNORED

11/17 - Bills Quest for his Buck. Get her done Bill

BillW0323

Here’s the last blood we found. Absolutely no more blood in the area.  About 50 yards from where we had the last blood there was a guy hunting this morning with his son for youth day. Unfortunately I ended up ruining his hunt  which I felt terrible about but I have gotten permission from the landowner two track. The blood stopped and we could no longer get any trails.  The only good thing that came out of this today is that I ended up talking to one of the landowners and he offered to let me hunt his property. So I now have another small peace to myself.  All he asks is for a couple pounds of meat per deer I shoot but he definitely wants me to take a few dear off his property. 

13742AD0-7FFD-4C14-9BD5-9CF69C73E6C6.jpeg

28 minutes ago, BillW0323 said:

Here’s the last blood we found. Absolutely no more blood in the area.  About 50 yards from where we had the last blood there was a guy hunting this morning with his son for youth day. Unfortunately I ended up ruining his hunt  which I felt terrible about but I have gotten permission from the landowner two track. The blood stopped and we could no longer get any trails.  The only good thing that came out of this today is that I ended up talking to one of the landowners and he offered to let me hunt his property. So I now have another small peace to myself.  All he asks is for a couple pounds of meat per deer I shoot but he definitely wants me to take a few dear off his property. 

You gave it your all Bill, there's nothing more you could have done.  Congrats on getting a new property.  

Awesome at least something good came out of this for you.  I’m sure your still sick to your stomach about the outcome.  Next time just wait till the next morning.   I’ve seen it so much when I guided, if you bump them the more the deer has the will to live.  They won’t give up if they know your right behind them.  That’s my opinion though.  

21 minutes ago, P&Y BUCK said:

Awesome at least something good came out of this for you.  I’m sure your still sick to your stomach about the outcome.  Next time just wait till the next morning.   I’ve seen it so much when I guided, if you bump them the more the deer has the will to live.  They won’t give up if they know your right behind them.  That’s my opinion though.  

Yeah I definitely learned my lesson this time around. This is definitely going to bother me for a while but I know I put a lot of effort into looking for him.