IGNORED

Illinois private land bowhunt UPDATE

That was a nice offer, and great buck, congrats. Maybe you've found a way to keep it Tom. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Thanks for all that replied with compliments about my buck. (I am Rick and Dennis was the member that connected with Tom for the lease). I also can’t thank Tom enough for the opportunity to hunt his farm. He couldn’t have been more helpful. He even Had his buddy Jason, who was hunting out there, meet me one day to give me access to his 4 wheeler to get my buck out of the woods. And that was GREATLY APPRECIATED! Especially since my buck died about 600 yards from where the truck was parked. 

Now for those members that may be curious about how Tom’s farm would have been to hunt... I will give you some insight. His land is in a very secluded area and with very low deer hunting pressure. I have been hunting the Midwest since 2000 and Tom’s farm is by far the most rugged piece I’ve been on out there. This is definitely a factor of why this area holds more giants than most. Tom put a lot of work into this piece of property and he did a great job. He created plenty of extra cover by cutting trees in the valleys and by planting cover in the fields near his various food plots. Anyone who want the opportunity to hunt where giant whitetails live, would be more than happy to hunt this farm. Now I know there are much bigger bucks in this area, but I am extremely happy to put this 148” 10 pointer on my wall. Thanks again Tom and best of luck on killing a monster on your farm this season! 

54AF32BE-8745-4EA7-A5C1-262D36B7EDD8.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Whitetail crazy said:

Thanks for all that replied with compliments about my buck. (I am Rick and Dennis was the member that connected with Tom for the lease). I also can’t thank Tom enough for the opportunity to hunt his farm. He couldn’t have been more helpful. He even Had his buddy Jason, who was hunting out there, meet me one day to give me access to his 4 wheeler to get my buck out of the woods. And that was GREATLY APPRECIATED! Especially since my buck died about 600 yards from where the truck was parked. 

Now for those members that may be curious about how Tom’s farm would have been to hunt... I will give you some insight. His land is in a very secluded area and with very low deer hunting pressure. I have been hunting the Midwest since 2000 and Tom’s farm is by far the most rugged piece I’ve been on out there. This is definitely a factor of why this area holds more giants than most. Tom put a lot of work into this piece of property and he did a great job. He created plenty of extra cover by cutting trees in the valleys and by planting cover in the fields near his various food plots. Anyone who want the opportunity to hunt where giant whitetails live, would be more than happy to hunt this farm. Now I know there are much bigger bucks in this area, but I am extremely happy to put this 148” 10 pointer on my wall. Thanks again Tom and best of luck on killing a monster on your farm this season! 

Great buck Rick, congratulations again.  :up::up:

3 minutes ago, Whitetail crazy said:

Congrats Rick. And welcome to the site

2 hours ago, Whitetail crazy said:

Well done Rick, congrats! That buck looks like Trigger on the quad, what a tank...Welcome to the site! 

Edited by LPJR

Hunted 3 days dark to dark, I saw a few bucks but not any giants. Scrapes just started oprning up. I have pics of bucks their hocks werent evrn dark yet. Im thinking its running behind this year. I will give the farm a rest for the next few days. The gun season starts Friday. It should be on   

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com