IGNORED

Do you Snort Wheeze?

SPEARFISH

apparently I do when I sleep on my back...    symptom of age or weight gain (or both).

I keep a snort wheeze call in my pack - I have seen bucks do it. I will use it as last ditch effort to turn a buck that won't respond to grunt or just generally makes it clear he is not coming my way.  I have definitely turned a few bucks with it but never one I wanted to shoot.  I have also seen it spook bucks as well.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

A few years back, before snort weezing was a thing, I was sitting on the corner of a picked corn field on a really windy day.  Just before dark a small deer came out into the field, there wasn't much time left so I decided to bleat to the deer.  I blew the call but it was so windy that the deer couldn't hear me.  I blew louder and louder with no response.  It got to the point where I was blowing as hard as I could and laughing at the same time because the call sounded hideous with me blowing it as hard as I possibly could.  All of a sudden the woods behind me exploded and this massive old 6 pointer came crashing right up to my tree with fire in its eyes and snot blowing out of its nostrils.     It was the craziest thing I have ever seen while deer hunting.  

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

A few years back, before snort weezing was a thing, I was sitting on the corner of a picked corn field on a really windy day.  Just before dark a small deer came out into the field, there wasn't much time left so I decided to bleat to the deer.  I blew the call but it was so windy that the deer couldn't hear me.  I blew louder and louder with no response.  It got to the point where I was blowing as hard as I could and laughing at the same time because the call sounded hideous with me blowing it as hard as I possibly could.  All of a sudden the woods behind me exploded and this massive old 6 pointer came crashing right up to my tree with fire in its eyes and snot blowing out of its nostrils.     It was the craziest thing I have ever seen while deer hunting.  

did you shoot it?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

19 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

I have heard both snort-wheeze and been scared many times by the roar.  The roar is something crazy to experience. 

If you hunt out West you hear a lot more of this mature buck sounds.  I as well wave heard bucks make some scary roars,  snort wheeze works very good but like said not every time.