IGNORED

Great American Outdoor Show- disappointing

TheGreek

Made the trek out to Harrisburg today after not going last yr. I was very disappointed. Outfitters seemed like it was less than usual, vendors in general seems like it was less. The biggest glaring vendors were in the gun hall, beretta, browning, Remington, Benelli all missing. Hopefully it’s not the beginning of the end

Its all Greek to me

My gun club, Salem County Sportsmen's Club, charters a bus every year for the event (except two years ago, when it was cancelled).  Stop for breakfast on the way, cooler of beer and soda on the bus, and a dinner at the clubhouse upon our return.  The only way to go there.  Sells out very quickly ...

... too quickly this year, unfortunately  :pout: !

My gun club, Salem County Sportsmen's Club, charters a bus every year for the event (except two years ago, when it was cancelled).  Stop for breakfast on the way, cooler of beer and soda on the bus, and a dinner at the clubhouse upon our return.  The only way to go there.  Sells out very quickly ...

... too quickly this year, unfortunately  :pout: !

Was a good trip as it has been for years, but they could do away with stopping in the morning to eat. Just makes the trip longer when you could have more time at the show

Edited by Silver Belly62

I went years ago and it was a mob scene , yes it was a Weekend day but unless your seriously considering an outfitter and want to speak with them face to face there’s no reason to drive 2-1/2 -3 hours for fluff. Like already said everything and anything within 2 days on your front step. When you think about it , window shopping just isn’t the same anymore.

Ive always gone weekdays to avoid the crowds. I agree it’s a nice kinda end of season trip with the guys. To me going every yr for the past 5 yrs... it’s dropped off a little. Yea you can book over the internet but it’s not the same talking to outfitters and seeing ones you’ve used

When we used to go for years with the kids...A buddy goes on Super Bowl Sunday to avoid the crowds, but I am sure it was a bit busier this Sunday than in past years...Was thinking of taking my son this week but the 3 1/2 hour ride made me decide to pass this year...

Wonder if the old timer that "falls off the treestand" with the his lifeline that he sells attached to him is still doing it in the archery section? He keeps track of how many times he goes up the ladder during the week. Was in the thousands one year I think...

Edited by LPJR

When we used to go for years with the kids...A buddy goes on Super Bowl Sunday to avoid the crowds, but I am sure it was a bit busier this Sunday than in past years...Was thinking of taking my son this week but the 3 1/2 hour ride made me decide to pass this year...

Wonder if the old timer that "falls off the treestand" with the his lifeline that he sells attached to him is still doing it in the archery section? He keeps track of how many times he goes up the ladder during the week. Was in the thousands one year I think...

Ya he was there. He attaches the life line as if everyone has a branch 3-4 feet in front of the stand so it would be a nice control fall. My set up I dont have that so I would have to attach the life line closer to the stand to the point where his life line I could bounce off my ladder stand on the way down. I much prefer a life line thats just going to stop me from falling period.