IGNORED

Most reliable best blood trail mechanical?

John B

George, I liked the DR freak nasty, but found the O ring whistled more than I liked.

I see the new one no longer uses the O rings like the one you posted.

Have you shot the new heads ??

Their containment band is totally different

I have not used the new ones but yes some of the new DR broadheads are using a replaceable collar instead of o-ring this year. You get 3 uses out of one collar and there's also another collar that comes with it to make it a fixed blade. IMG_3588.JPG

Edited by George79

I’ve been using slick trick magnums for the last 6 years with decent results. I wanted to try a mechanical this year because I wanted to try something that would put a huge hole in them and put them down faster. After much research I decided to try the nap spitfire maxx. All I can say is WOW!!!!!! 3 deer this year and every single one died within 40 yards. They are much cheaper than a lot of the more “fancier” expandables out there. Dicks has 4 packs of them for $30 when they are on sale. Even when there not on sale you get 4 for $40. They have the same poi as field points. From now on it’s spitfire maxx for me. The results speak for themselves. Just make sure you buy the crossbow version.

Edited by Reeltight

Why would you want to shoot deer with a pencil when you can put an ax through it. Get a rage with a 2.5" blade and despite huge blood trail you will never need it because deer with die in front of your eyes. And if anyone tells you they don't open remember this: If Rage does not open, which only happened once to me, it will still cut as wide as your fix blade broadhead.

4FBD4EA8-D15E-446E-92E1-986219E61D98.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic

I've had 100pct opening with Rage Hypo, Reapers, and the 1.75 inch steel swackers. I don't use reapers anymore because they don't group as well as the Rage and Swackers do in my xbows (ravin and scorpyd DS).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Blood trails are a result of shot placement and blade sharpness. Here’s a pic of the result of a 1 1/8” grizzly broadhead (2 blade) when put in the right place thrown out of my recurve!

exactly what he said - there is nothing more to it other than penetration and two holes are also very important to great blood trails.   I promise!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

For my crossbow setup I have been using the Spitfire Maxx 100 gr ( 1 3/4"), no problems at all so far. Personally I think with most setups out of a crossbow the mechanicals seem to work better because of the higher speeds then in certain setups on a regular bow. I had tried mechanicals out of my regular compound bow with horrible results and not the greatest blood trails on ones that I did find. Switched back to the Montecs & NAP Hellrazors that I had been using before, and things were back to normal.

Edited by Silver Belly62