IGNORED

Tonka's Law-Voted Out of the Senate Economic Growth Committee

NJSFSC

Well, we have bad news and good news!

Bad news is Tonka's Law was voted out of committee today, as we expected. Let's see how this bill shakes out in the lame duck session.

Good news is the NJ State Federation of Sportsmens Clubs, the NJOA and UBNJ are working overtime behind the scenes fighting for the sportsmen and women on this bill. Democrats and Republicans both understand the importance of sound deer management in NJ, and it is our job to relay that very message.

Want to help? Become involved with and support any one of these three fine organizations...

To be continued.

Edited by NJSFSC

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/

This may sound stupid.. but instead of jepordizing our deer hunting, Why can't we meet them half way and just make shooting coyote within 450ft illegal?

I know some will day if we give an inch they will take a yard.. but I don't see a problem with that..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Bad news is Tonka's Law was voted out of committee today, as we expected. Let's see how this bill shakes out in the lame duck session.

Good news is the NJ State Federation of Sportsmens Clubs, the NJOA and UBNJ are working overtime behind the scenes fighting for the sportsmen and women on this bill. Democrats and Republicans both understand the importance of sound deer management in NJ, and it is our job to relay that very message.

Want to help? Become involved with and support any one of these three fine organizations...

To be continued.

EXCELLENT POST- THANK YOU!!!!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Thid may sound stupid.. but instead of jepordizing our deer hunting, Why can't we meet them half way and just make shooting coyote within 450ft illigal?

I know some will day if we give an inch they will take a yard.. but I don't see a problem with that..

Because if you read the proposed legislation the 450 vs 150 is nothing compering to the rest of the bill. This bill is about stopping hunting, not protecting dogs and kids and that's why any logical compromise would be unacceptable to the moron who wrote it. Just imagine if it passes with the notification requirement. Private property hunting would disappear. Would you or could you mail a certified letter to all of your neighbors, 24hrs in advance of your every hunt? Would you ever give permission to anyone top hunt your property if you had to do the same?  

Edited by Lunatic

To be continued.

Thid may sound stupid.. but instead of jepordizing our deer hunting, Why can't we meet them half way and just make shooting coyote within 450ft illigal?

I just want to point out that the notification requirement of this proposed bill is to (1) notify all properties adjacent to the one your hunting BOTH the owner and the occupants and (2) notify all properties adjacent to them (both owner and occupant).  So, if you have a property that touches 5 properties and each of them touch 5 other properties, you need to send out 25 letters.  I guess it's up to you to figure out if the occupant and owner are the same person; so if a property is being leased, you'd have to find the owner too.  Furthermore, it does not just apply to bow hunting deer.  It applies to all hunting with any weapon.    Effectively, it proposes the near total elimination of all hunting on private properties for all game species for any weapon.  The only people who would be willing to go through this would be people who own and hunt their own property.  Even then, it would be a nightmare.  

I can't imagine I would be hunting in NJ anymore if this goes into effect.  

Edited by dlist777

I just want to point out that the notification requirement of this proposed bill is to (1) notify all properties adjacent to the one your hunting BOTH the owner and the occupants and (2) notify all properties adjacent to them (both owner and occupant).  So, if you have a property that touches 5 properties and each of them touch 5 other properties, you need to send out 25 letters.  I guess it's up to you to figure out if the occupant and owner are the same person; so if a property is being leased, you'd have to find the owner too.  Furthermore, it does not just apply to bow hunting deer.  It applies to all hunting with any weapon.    Effectively, it proposes the near total elimination of all hunting on private properties for all game species for any weapon.  The only people who would be willing to go through this would be people who own and hunt their own property.  Even then, it would be a nightmare.  

I can't imagine I would be hunting in NJ anymore if this goes into effect.  

I am afraid you painted and accurate picture if this bill passes the way is written.  

What dlist777 said.

THIS EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATES HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.

[i even think it may eliminate fishing, as well ("A person who hunts, takes, or kills wildlife" - is fish considered "wildlife"???)]

Read the bills as written. Here's the senate and assembly's versions:

S3525: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/S4000/3525_I1.HTM

A5276: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/A9999/5276_I1.HTM

The portion of this bill that adds a new section has NO LIMITS on the weapon (bow or firearm), has NO LIMITS on the game (deer, small game, waterfowl, etc.), has NO LIMITS on trapping, and IMO even includes fishing. If you do ANY hunting, taking, or killing wildlife on private property, this law will apply to YOU.

The wording is clear, unless you notify your neighbors AND your neighbor's neighbors, you cannot "hunt, take, or kill wildlife" - period.

SEND A MESSAGE TO EVERY STATE LEGISLATOR TODAY. This has to be stopped in its tracks now. The consequences will be far reaching.

Here's a page with all the emails - just copy-n-paste all the email addresses into the email's TO: line: 

https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/page/CombinedLegEmailAddr

Note the two sponsors of this law: 

Senator  RAYMOND J. LESNIAK
District 20 (Union)

Assemblywoman  VALERIE VAINIERI HUTTLE
District 37 (Bergen)

All because some dumb bastard shot a dog.

Was tonka owner issued for no leash ?

Or harassing wildlife by chasing deer ??

In pa you can shoot dogs on sight for chasing deer.

no she was not cited for her violation, law enforcement thought she suffered enough. This legislation is founded on the fact the dogs owner broke the leash law.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.