IGNORED

Is the 6-Day tradition a thing of the past?

Rusty

too many people want to claim antler restrictions don't help the quality of the herd due to hygrading.

as you stated it is working beyond expectations in PA.

It's obvious AR do help the buck antler quality, and the positive results should occur quickly.   

The problem is, eventually that trend will reverse as you're killing off 50% of the "good antler genes" year after year after year.  It will take some years, of course, but this overall decrease in antler quality will happen.  So by 2030 or so, be on the lookout for lower-quality antlers in the PA herd just like you're now seeing higher-quality antlers in the PA herd.    If not, it will mean that Gregor Mendel guy was full of shit man!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GV3E5e7fZ6M

Holy crap that's a significant decline!

Fewer than 1% of New Jersey residents are hunters.   Once the Democrats figure that out, we're screwed.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Fewer than 1% of New Jersey residents are hunters.   Once the Democrats figure that out, we're screwed.

Not really.  The rest of them want their expensive landscaping jobs to persist without being eaten by deer.  We are the only thing that can manage the herd.  If they want to restrict us, mother nature will rear her ugly head.  That will be a problem they will not be able to fix without us.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Not really.  The rest of them want their expensive landscaping jobs to persist without being eaten by deer.  We are the only thing that can manage the herd.  If they want to restrict us, mother nature will rear her ugly head.  That will be a problem they will not be able to fix without us.

I truly believe if the democrats in trenton could ban hunting in NJ they would especially firearm hunting.  They would equate firearm hunting with violence and it would pass.  Dumbphucks that they are. 

I truly believe if the democrats in trenton could ban hunting in NJ they would especially firearm hunting.  They would equate firearm hunting with violence and it would pass.  Dumbphucks that they are. 

You are right, and I wouldn't put it past them.

However, they lose all of that revenue generated from hunting.  They lose the revenue generated from firearms and ammo sales.

Not only will they trigger an ecological disaster, it will also be a financial disaster.  Will that deter the herd of morons in Trenton?  No!  But it will be just one more thing the rest of the country will mock NJ over.

Please, will the last person leaving the state turn the lights out.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Haskell you give them to much credit. They will ban hunting the first chance they get. Start with the gun hunters and the bow guys will support it. Then the bow hunters will fall. Libs will claim they have a birthcontrol method for deer.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Not a chance, because they're delusional.   They'll suggest birth control for female deer, vaccinations for male deer, and 101 illogical and ultimately failing liberal "solutions".

IMHO, the only reason liberals dont ban hunting is that the, "you dont need ______ to hunt" with is there #1 favorite gun banning argument.   Liberals hate hunting!

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I'm not saying they won't do it, they will.  Bear hunt is sure as gone.  But when the rest of the state is dealing with bear issues, and I hope it does not happen, someone else dies, these legislators will be mocked throughout the country.  When bears, yotes, and deer start showing up in substantial numbers in Montclair, Essex Fells, Cherry Hill, Woodcliff Lake (wait, they already have a deer and yote problem), and they destroy property and snack on yip-dogs, people will start to realize that they made a very, very bad mistake.

Headlines in 4 years:  "Murphy administration has no solution for bear problem in Newark"

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

How many acres have we lost since 1971 ???? All those guys mainly hunted six day and doe day. Get it doe dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Not shooting deer from sept to February. I swear some of you guys are kill freaks. Early season is a joke cause deer are getting whacked in every zone and maybe just maybe they get called in.

Antler restrictions in certain zones waste of time cause the smaller ones get shot and get called in other zones.

Bad encomony people eating deer 12 months out of the year.

If this keeps their will be nothing for our children to enjoy.

Sad very sad 6 day is dead !!!!!!

How many acres have we lost since 1971 ???? 

Deer have gained more habitat in New Jersey since 1971, which is why there are more deer in New Jersey now than there were in 1971.

Whitetail are an edge-habitat species, and edge-habitat is what is created when chunks of forest are knocked down for housing developments.   

Strato you posted nj doesnt have what it takes to have big deer.

Thats only under the current restrictions.

Just some small changes to let deer get some age on them and show true potential would show we could have better quality deer hunting in just a few short years.

Even with todays regs many great xeer are shot .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

less deer roaming in NJ today then 20/25 years ago.   Unlimited antlerless hunts, 6 months of hunting is nonesense.....Have a few days in mid/late December for shotgun/muzzleloader, January 1st thru 31st bow only, and that's it.

And please STOP  with none sense excuses of  "I HAVE TO TAKE OUT A FEW DOES CAUSE THAT'S ALL WE EAT" if that's the case then you can't afford to live in NJ or "MY BUDDY WHO DOESN'T HUNT WANTS SOME VENISON"  tell your homo friend to man up and hunt or "LAND OWNER SAYS I NEED TO TAKE OUT THE DOES" land owners have no clue what is roaming around, all the deer look the same. POLICE YOURSELF to help the future of hunting here in NJ

Before moving out to western NJ, I lived within a mile of a big archery pro shop and I would hang out there a few times a week BSing with the crew and customers.....some hunters who came in would jump in and BS as well, some would claim they shot 7, 10, 15 plus deer a year, all does/small bucks, claim they are great hunters, and then bitch the state needs to change things cause they have problems seeing deer as each year passes. Well let's see these great NIMRODS kill that many deer without bait in areas like ZONE 3,& 4 deep woods, they would be lost........Just because the State says kill as many as you want, doesn't mean you have too. 

I'm all for statewide antler restrictions, 2 buck tags, use them as you please and if a BB is taken you use one of your buck tags........I can see maybe 4 does per year, per hunter (that can be open for discussion) , stop the unlimited crap, and 6 months of hunting.....few days in mid/late december for shotgun/muzzleloader, and winter bow from January 1-31 then put your equipment away, and wait for trout/turkey season

Deer have gained more habitat in New Jersey since 1971, which is why there are more deer in New Jersey now than there were in 1971.

Whitetail are an edge-habitat species, and edge-habitat is what is created when chunks of forest are knocked down for housing developments.   

Not quite. There is positively less habitat for all wildlife now than there was in 1971. Any place there is new pavement since then means that habitat was lost. However, some of the remaining habitat has been improved for deer because, like you said, it created edges. And there aren't more deer now than there were in 1971. The number of deer is a little lower now than it was then. It did get higher, much higher, but it's been cut in half since that explosion. Deer are thriving in developed areas not so much because of the edge habitat, that helps for food, but because those small pockets create sanctuaries where they are protected. Deer numbers are drastically lower now than they were in the 1970's, 80's and 90's in most places where hunting access is not a problem, ie. public lands. Could also be a reason small game hunting has declined while deer has become more popular; you can slip into these pockets with a bow to hunt deer, but can't really push through strips of cover between developments with a gun for rabbits.

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.