IGNORED

Ordinance alert | Tonka's Law - Readington, NJ Zone 12

Gee, I think we will see the day in NJ when all hunting is banned and it will probably happen within the next 10 years as participation drops and the number of liberals increase.  The lack of a state constitutional amendment that states "hunting' as a right instead of a privilege was the only way to keep politics out of stupid legislation such as this.    

Gee, I think we will see the day in NJ when all hunting is banned and it will probably happen within the next 10 years as participation drops and the number of liberals increase.  The lack of a state constitutional amendment that states "hunting' as a right instead of a privilege was the only way to keep politics out of stupid legislation such as this.

I have to disagree with this. While our sporting life will be threatened as we now know it over the next 4 years, wildlife management is a necessary evil in today's world. Stop deer hunting for one season and watch what happens. It is no surprise the soccer moms stopped picketing the deer hunts at the great swamp and watchung because those pesky deer wreck their mini vans and their little johnnie's came down with Lymes. Remember the outcry at goose culling? Now they want everyone of them gone. But, how quickly they forgot the Rutgers student killed by a bear in West Milford...only to mourn a walking bear in Oak Ridge.

In the end, strong relationships with legislators is the key to success. As long as we keep doing what we have been doing, and weeding out the asshats that shoot collared pets, we can sustain what we have gained.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years...

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/

That will never survive a legal challenge.

If someone is form the town and is speaking against it, all you need to do is tell the town that you're not interested in paying for any legal challenges that come from that ordinance.  In other words, you don't want your tax dollars to be spent defending this ordinance.  Then let them know that more than likely there will be a legal challenge, and it might cost the town millions to defend the ordinance, with a high probability that it will be overturned by a higher court.  Then remind everyone in the audience that the town will be wasting tax dollars on this, which will in turn take that money away from other things in the town that you'd rather pay for.

If there are a lot of progressives in the town, they won't care.  They think money grows on trees and everyone gets a unicorn when the ordinance passes.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

If this passes, and I lived there and was under that rule, I might be tempted to send a letter stating thusly:

"Be so warned - myself and many people to whom I have given permission will be hunting my property with every legal weapon allowed on any given day. You are hearby warned, STAY OFF MY PROPERTY and keep your pets away or risk being shot. Trespassers - you have been warned. This letter is not a threat; this letter is being sent as required by me by your local Redington government, ordinance #blahblah.

Too strong? :)

Try putting that penalty on leash law scoffs and this crap won't happen again.

What happens if a dog gets out of it's fenced in yard and a hunter shoots it, I guess the owner should be penalized. "Hunters" need to stop killing everything that annoys them, then we won't have this problem.

Then obviously it wasn't "secured" any way that's not the point, the whole episode could have been avoided if the dogs owner followed the leash law in the first place, because if she had, the dog would never have been put in a position to be shot, mistakenly or otherwise.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Draft ordinance attached.

155297d1511298036-readington-nj-zone-12-

155305d1511298048-readington-nj-zone-12-

Holy CRAP!!!!!!     

This has morphed into something FAR worse than even initially stated.  Now it's not just if you want to let "someone else" hunt on your property, now every year if you want to HUNT ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY you need to send certified letters to every other property owner who touches your land!    And being in violation can be a $1,000 fine and up to 90 days in jail.   This is insanity.   

I cant WAIT for the first lawsuit filed against this absolute madness.   These elected officials must be morons with absolutely no sense of the law.   I'm not a lawyer, I've never played one on TV, and I didnt stay in a Holiday Inn last night, and even I can think of a minimum of 3 different ways you could (probably successfully) challenge and defeat this madness.  My guess is a legal scholar could defeat this before he finishes his morning breakfast.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Holy CRAP!!!!!!     

This has morphed into something FAR worse than even initially stated.  Now it's not just if you want to let "someone else" hunt on your property, now every year if you want to HUNT ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY you need to send certified letters to every other property owner who touches your land!    And being in violation can be a $1,000 fine and up to 90 days in jail.   This is insanity.   

I cant WAIT for the first lawsuit filed against this absolute madness.   These elected officials must be morons with absolutely no sense of the law.   I'm not a lawyer, I've never played one on TV, and I didnt stay in a Holiday Inn last night, and even I can think of a minimum of 3 different ways you could (probably successfully) challenge and defeat this madness.  My guess is a legal scholar could defeat this before he finishes his morning breakfast.

Down right scary. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

i have no legal experience, but i would guess if 1000 guys who lived in NJ brought individual law suits against the town for violating their civil rights the town would cave immediately.  the idea is to over whelm their resources.

this is how scientology defeated the IRS.

the trick is to get enough people to file a law suit in a court of law, which with help from organizations like the NRA or UBNJ would not be that hard.

but certainly people wont do it, because it would take action and not just complaining.