IGNORED

Ordinance alert | Tonka's Law - Readington, NJ Zone 12

Maybe a meaningful approach would be to tally how many car/deer collisions there have been in Readington, county and state over the last year (or whatever period you can find data for). How many human deaths and injuries from deer collisions? How many millions in property damage? How much lyme disease? How much landscape and agricultural damage? The cumulative weight of this information would likely point to the need for continued (or greater) deer population management efforts. If suburban deer management is thrown away due to one isolated incident involving a loose dog, the local residents will suffer the consequences of an uncontrolled suburban deer population.  (Guy I work with hit 2 in last 10 days)

Maybe I missed it. There is nothing about moving the buffer zone to 450 feet from the current 150. All this is about is notification.

I saw that as well.

Of course we all still must fight this, but the 450 foot buffer would by far be the worst part of it.

I disagree entirely.    The frightening disregard and violation of your civil rights is the worst part of it.

That said, you're interpreting it slightly wrong.   The only reason the 450&150 foot language is NOT in it, is because that is already being addressed by Ray Lesniak in separate legislation in the first place.  That was something Readington wanted to do too, but since it's being done at the state level they left it out.   So this is actually above and BEYOND what they know the state is doing.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Readington is now in infected by a new tick. and the DFG is asking for hunters to help in letting them know how far the outbreak has reached.

I have hunted Readington my whole life, in many areas with in the DMZ units they claim are infected.

Just watch once  the public gets to hear about this they will want every deer shot in the township lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I disagree entirely.    The frightening disregard and violation of your civil rights is the worst part of it.

That said, you're interpreting it slightly wrong.   The only reason the 450&150 foot language is NOT in it, is because that is already being addressed by Ray Lesniak in separate legislation in the first place.  That was something Readington wanted to do too, but since it's being done at the state level they left it out.   So this is actually above and BEYOND what they know the state is doing.

I was afraid the buffer was being done at the state level. If they pass that, I'm screwed out of a great spot I just got access to this season. Sure many others will be out of their spots also.

I was afraid the buffer was being done at the state level. If they pass that, I'm screwed out of a great spot I just got access to this season. Sure many others will be out of their spots also.

Fortunately, I'm just on the other side of Route 78.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Let Readington deal with the adverse affects of deer overpopulation.  I wish that upon them.  Let the deer overrun and destroy that town.  Let all of the landscaping be destroyed.  All of the remaining farmers and gardens get destroyed.  Let people hit deer and have their expensive cars get severely damaged.

Let them make this bed.  They will be forced to sleep in it, and I will point at and mock their folly at every opportunity.  There will be many.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.