IGNORED

Ordinance alert | Tonka's Law - Readington, NJ Zone 12

I really don't know what to say about this state, I moved to Nj about 4 years ago from Somerset PA because of my job. This state seems to impose on everything from your hunting rights to gun ownership, It seems that once I moved over the border I lost all my rights as a hunter or gun owner this state is so restrictive about everything and the taxes are outrageous. I just have to ask has Nj alway's been this way. I hope to soon move back to the family farm in PA.

lolol

I own a little place out by you in southern Huntingdon County Pa. It's a way different world here. 

This whole notification thing is a real slippery slope.  Are there other examples where you are required to notify people if you are undertaking a lawful activity?

Maybe there is an argument to be made there that even liberals will see merit in.  So, if the justification is that hunting may be dangerous so if you have to notify your neighbors...then why not require notification if you have a pool?  Someone could wander on your property and drown.  What about if you have a party where you serve alcohol?  Should you notify your neighbors because someone may drive after drinking?  Etc. Etc.  

Maybe make that argument....

It's cut and dry pathman, had she obeyed the leash law the dog would never been shot, she let the dog rage free every day, in her own words, the only victim in this whole thing is the dog period, the dogs owner was the principal violater in this, it's on the towns web site. She is 100% at fault no one else. These proposals are based sole on her LAWLESS behavior. Period.

That's how WE see it and can be considered highly accurate and logical.  That is NOT how the vast majority of non-hunters will see it, so even if you are right it won't matter.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

This whole notification thing is a real slippery slope.  Are there other examples where you are required to notify people if you are undertaking a lawful activity?

On YOUR own property!

The question is, who is going to sue Readington after this moronically passes?  

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I know, but ignoring the real facts won't help either, I hunt public land so this crap won't effect me at all, but the point needs to hammered that this whole thing is on the dogs owner for violating the law in the first place. I've said my piece on this, I'm done with it.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I hunt public land so this crap won't effect me at all

Keep telling yourself that.

This is another serious error in judgement in the hunting community, "if it doesn't directly effect me, it doesn't matter".

Just wait until Murphy is governor in a few months.   Then come back and tell us about liberal anti-hunting laws that dont "effect" you.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Quite frankly Gomez, it won't effect me in the least as its gear for private land, second Murphy is the bigger threat, that's why I voted against him, third, this state is unaffordable for me to live in anymore anyway, and I'm beginning the process on a possible relocation, with a trip planned this January to test the job and housing market in Florida where the rest of my family moved to over 25 years ago, I was the last hold out! Lol at present wheather Kim wins or not, I see no future for me here anymore anyway, just more struggle and I've finally had enough.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

This has basically morphed into anti-hunting legislation on the part of liberal Readington.

The "dates" part is new.    Can you just put September 10 through February 10, or would you need to post exact dates?  If the former, it's essentially a ban on hunting because nobody is going to be put through that every time he/she hunts.

It would be for any time you plan on hunting.  So I, for example, would simply put Jan 1-Dec 31 and list all types of weapons just to be safe.....It makes no sense.

Readington hunters that are residents will be heard from.  And presenting this is a good start.  

Maybe there is an argument to be made there that even liberals will see merit in.  So, if the justification is that hunting may be dangerous so if you have to notify your neighbors...then why not require notification if you have a pool?  Someone could wander on your property and drown.  What about if you have a party where you serve alcohol?  Should you notify your neighbors because someone may drive after drinking?  Etc. Etc.  

Maybe make that argument....

You can't shoot them from the couch.

I know, but ignoring the real facts won't help either, I hunt public land so this crap won't effect me at all, but the point needs to hammered that this whole thing is on the dogs owner for violating the law in the first place. I've said my piece on this, I'm done with it.

F&W has acknowledged that the dog should have been on a lease but did't want to cause any further stress to the family so their pet had just been killed.

Yup, and because the owner was at fault for the whole mess, we all have to pay, it need to be made clear that the fault lies with her, the only sympathy I have is for the dog.

F&W has acknowledged that the dog should have been on a lease but did't want to cause any further stress to the family so their pet had just been killed.

Pffffffttttttt...........

I had great sympathy for this family.  Right until they turned wacko PETA extremist and tried to take away thousands of people's rights for an incident that wouldnt have occurred in the first place were they responsible pet owners.

Size of the property should have no burdon.

A dog free running deer could have been shot on a thousand acre farm next to a development.

While i understsnd not wanting to shed blame on the dogs owner . I disagree.

As msny have said if the dog wasnt off the leash chasing deer it would be alive today.

Currently readington is leasing many farms that back right up to tight developments.

The pieces behind the municple building are being hunted right on the edge of all the houses on mt road.

If anything they should be enforcing the laws already on the books .

6foot is their current leash law. Not 3 properties away

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/