IGNORED

Crossbows now legal in Illinois

tcook8296

I don't see anyone but the manufacturers clamoring for all of the "modern" weaponry to make profits from it all no matter what it is.

I think "anyone" takes it way too far, but I agree with the point you're making. 

And crossbows are a good example of a huge marketing push.    

An even more obvious recent one?   The 6.5mm Creedmoor.   I cant so much as pick up a flipping shooting or hunting magazine without being INUNDATED with advertisements and "articles" about the miracle wonders of the 6.5mm Creedmoor round.  It's a joke, LOL.   And I put "articles" in quotation marks, because it's obvious the "articles" are often really faux advertisements.  Same thing happened with the Blackout round about 5 to 10 years ago.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

If you come across any mass exodus by bow hunters of all inclusion point me to it.

But that's exactly what's happening right now.  I'd guess the majority of crossbow owners are also vertical bow owners.  There's definitely a big crossover component to that market of people who own both.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I'd guess the majority of crossbow owners are also vertical bow owners.  There's definitely a big crossover component to that market of people who own both.

"Were" vertical bow owners who didn't push like the industry did. Of course its a big crossover now to people who own both. The question is how many who own both leave one to collect dust"

good lord what's next? Legalize deer baiting?

JFAC....don't go there!!! :rant:

I think "anyone" takes it way too far, but I agree with the point you're making. 

And crossbows are a good example of a huge marketing push.    

An even more obvious recent one?   The 6.5mm Creedmoor.   I cant so much as pick up a flipping shooting or hunting magazine without being INUNDATED with advertisements and "articles" about the miracle wonders of the 6.5mm Creedmoor round.  It's a joke, LOL.   And I put "articles" in quotation marks, because it's obvious the "articles" are often really faux advertisements.  Same thing happened with the Blackout round about 5 to 10 years ago.

Agree. Same with slug guns and muzzleloaders. Look at the sales/demand for HR 20ga slugs guns, the Savage 220 bolt slug gun. The experts will tell you they are 200 yard guns. So guys lob those shots. I haven't shot a paper target past 125. Haven't shot a deer past 80.

Look at black powder guns. 20 years ago 100 grains of powder was the max, then 150 now guns are shooting 200grains of powder.