IGNORED

Some nice Channel Cats from the Delaware

LPJR

Posting this for my buddy Tony (ASFTAX on here)  who is having an issue with his computer. He and a couple of guys are doing well on the Delaware River near the Gap catching Channel Catfish. They have ranged from 3 lb fish to 13 lb cats, with some caught today and in the last few weeks.  Planning on going with my son when we get some time as well.

cat3.jpg

cat2.jpg

cat1.jpg

cat4.jpg

Cool, I'm relegated to the bank, but at the gap I should be able to get a few, haven't fished cats in years.

Good luck. Great eating fish and I hear they don't have fleas this time of year! Great way to beat the winter time fishing blues.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

my buddy caught this massive near state record around there last May from Kayak on fresh cut shad.......   30+ lbs...   I love fishing with fresh cut shad in the spring- not sure what to use this time of year. Are they just using live shiners?

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Good luck. Great eating fish and I hear they don't have fleas this time of year! Great way to beat the winter time fishing blues.

I'm not a big Fish eater but Catfish is my favorite. What Fleas are you talking about? Never heard of it. I can eat Blackened Catfish till I pop LOL.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I have some spots from shore where the shad fishing is just "Ok" in the spring, but I can put out a catfish rod while I cast for shad (have to catch one shad first, for fresh bait). More often than not, it pays off!   My best shore fishing shad spots, water is too shallow/swift to effectively fish for catfish though. It's a trade-off.       Sometimes I say "do I want to catch 15-40 shad and no catfish, or maybe just 3-6 shad but get a  shot at a big cat or 2 or 3?"   Either way, the dog gets plenty of swimming! 

IMG_0483.JPG

Coppermine shad2 with mako may9th.jpg

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3396.JPG

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….