IGNORED

Doesnt anyone drink normal beer!!?

mattg1500

Had some of my wifes friends and their husbands over and they offered to bring beer. Not to be ungrateful but WTF I opened 5 bottles before I went back to my Yuenglings. These hipster beers were disgusting! And they raved over them! Smoked Porter? Wierd IPAs that tasted like rotten grapefruit. YUK! Maybe its me. They say these microbrews are the new craze. I did discover you can mix cranberry juice with prosecco though and that was good, feminine but good

Hipsters Love Beer

Last night i polished off a Bale Breaker Topcutter IPA and a Robert The Bruce Scottish Ale by 3 Floyds. Boy were they delicious. Some of you guys don't know what you're missing.

I have a different take on that. 

For most of them, I don't think it's that they "don't know what" they're missing, because at some point in life they've probably tried it,  I think what it is is that they don't really like beer. 

And ironically, many of them do not realize that they dont like beer, because they drink the mass-produced watered down "beers" with as little actual "beer taste" as is humanly possible (SEE: Coors Light).

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I never understood how people could drink Heineken. It always tasted like skunk pee.

I only buy it in a can now - HUGE difference.   Never had it from a bottle w/out the skunk taste...   From a can, or a keg, or a mini-keg, it's excellent.   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I have a different take on that. 

For most of them, I don't think it's that they "don't know what" they're missing, because at some point in life they've probably tried it,  I think what it is is that they don't really like beer. 

And ironically, many of them do not realize that they dont like beer, because they drink the mass-produced watered down "beers" with as little actual "beer taste" as is humanly possible (SEE: Coors Light).

I agree with this take 100%.  People who drink mass marketed "beer" don't actually like beer.  They like getting drunk on whatever the cheapest trash on the shelf is.  The thing is, real, decent beer has at least twice the alcohol that the garbage beer does, so you really only need to drink half as much anyway.  Many of the beers I enjoy have 8-9% alcohol, so 1 of them is like drinking 3 coors.  so if I drink 3 of those beers, it's like drinking 9 cans of coors.  These people aren't saving any money, they actually just don't like beer 

Same goes for coffee.  Get some high quality, freshly roasted single origin beans (or a blend if that's your thing).  French press yourself some of that delicious goodness and drink it black. Because that's what you do if you like coffee.  

If you don't like coffee, buy some folgers or maxwell house, scoop a few scoops in to your drip coffee maker and then fill a mug with cream and 4 sugars and a little bit of that dirty water on top.  Just admit that you don't like coffee though.  

Side note, I've had that pisswater a handful of times in my life and I understand why people add cream and sugar.  That garbage isn't palatable without drowning away the flavor in cream and sugar.    

Edited by not on the rug

I only buy it in a can now - HUGE difference.   Never had it from a bottle w/out the skunk taste...   From a can, or a keg, or a mini-keg, it's excellent.   

It's still nasty, no matter what they ship it in.  

Just an FYI though, anything in green bottles will taste skunky.  Beer  should be put in dark brown bottles, cans, or kegs when ready.  Green or clear bottles let in far too much light.  Light skunks the beer.