IGNORED

Doesnt anyone drink normal beer!!?

mattg1500

I really dig Kane brewing company in a ocean township. Some "craft" beer tastes like butt. As for "normal" beer, I can't drink Bud, Coors, etc. it's just water.

My father in law, loves Coors and doesn't like my beer. I will occasionally give him some light, Helles, Pilsner, Etc. my "light" beer is founders all day iPa.

I really dig Kane brewing company in a ocean township. Some "craft" beer tastes like butt. As for "normal" beer, I can't drink Bud, Coors, etc. it's just water.

My father in law, loves Coors and doesn't like my beer. I will occasionally give him some light, Helles, Pilsner, Etc. my "light" beer is founders all day iPa.

Kane makes some great beer! NJ has a great up and coming micro brew seen, over 50 breweries now. Unfortunately, most of them pump out mediocre beers. The only one I've ever raved about (other than Kane) is Magnify. They have put out a few really good beers. 

Been brewing my own for over twenty years now, once you make real beer the way god intended it you'll realize that what you're drinking (Girls light, bud light and Miller Light etc..) is what happens when you drink real beer then piss in a bottle. Sam Adams and Yuengling types are more tolerable though, but a good micro or home brew is the way to go.  Give a few regular micro brews a shot, not the horribly gimmicky ones like 'hop devil from the gates of hell" or shit like that, or SUPER IPA...Just a regular full flavored beer and you'd probably like it.

Start with a honey beer, a good transition from bulk brewery to micro.

Conclave Brewing in Flemington/Raritan Twp make s some of the best NJ brewed beer I've ever tasted.  Definitely worth checking out.  http://www.conclavebrewing.com    

Their IPA and Espresso Milk Stout are out of this world.  

I visited their spot. I did like the Espresso Milk stout... that was really tasty! I also had the Equinox, Legend, Hop Ritual and Heart of Glass. I wasn't overly impressed by any of them (3-3.5 out or 5 stars IMO). Granted I'd give 4.5 out of 5 to beers like Bissell Lux, Cigar City Jai Lai, Tree House Julius, Hill Farmstead Edward, Foundation Ephiphany, etc. A few of the best NJ IPAs I've had so far...

Magnify Contractual Obligation

Magnify Verbal Agreement

Magnify FLASH

Kane Overhead

I've only been to 4-5 NJ breweries though, definitely need to visit a bunch more!

With all of the amazing types of liquor and beer on the planet, I actually find it hard to believe that miller/coors/bud can even stay in business.

There's a reason why they spend tens-of-millions of dollars on marketing advertisements - it works.   That said, if I have to drink one cheap beer, it's going to be Miller Lite.  At least it actually tastes like beer.

I had a dogfish head something or another a buddy brought by, I took one sip and it reminded me of that taste you get right before you barf.

Dogfish Head does a lot of experimental stuff and limited runs etc... my guess is you had one of those, which can admittedly be....ummmm.... interesting.  That said, this is my #1 favorite craft brewer.  My favorite beer of theirs is the Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA; it's fantastic (the 90 minute is good too, but IMO the 120 minute is overrated).   If anyone gets the chance while driving through Delaware, I'd highly recommend their brewery tour, it's great.  Their brewpub in Rehobath Beach is awesome too, with very good food.

Well, Compared to full body beers Coors light is indeed a little watery... 

Yes, and the Pacific Ocean is a little watery too.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Haven't had a sip in 8 years, but "back in the day" 30 pack of bud for me. At the end though I was hitting the polish beer, only because it was 12%

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

There's a reason why they spend tens-of-millions of dollars on marketing advertisements - it works.   That said, if I have to drink one cheap beer, it's going to be Miller Lite.  At least it actually tastes like beer.

Dogfish Head does a lot of experimental stuff and limited runs etc... my guess is you had one of those, which can admittedly be....ummmm.... interesting.  That said, this is my #1 favorite craft brewer.  My favorite beer of theirs is the Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA; it's fantastic (the 90 minute is good too, but IMO the 120 minute is overrated).   If anyone gets the chance while driving through Delaware, I'd highly recommend their brewery tour, it's great.  Their brewpub in Rehobath Beach is awesome too, with very good food.

Yes, and the Pacific Ocean is a little watery too.

Yes.  Advertising.  Appeal to the sheeple and make them think they're making the right/popular/cool/smart decision.  Look at some of the other biggest sellers out there:  Heineken and Absolut. Some of the worst tasting, pisswater garbage on the planet and yet people flock to it.  Stores can barely keep it on the shelves.  

I love Dogfish.  We've done the tour several times over the years and visit the brewpub 2x every summer while were staying down in Bethany Beach.  Great food, Great booze and live music.  What more could you want?

I visited their spot. I did like the Espresso Milk stout... that was really tasty! I also had the Equinox, Legend, Hop Ritual and Heart of Glass. I wasn't overly impressed by any of them (3-3.5 out or 5 stars IMO). Granted I'd give 4.5 out of 5 to beers like Bissell Lux, Cigar City Jai Lai, Tree House Julius, Hill Farmstead Edward, Foundation Ephiphany, etc. A few of the best NJ IPAs I've had so far...

Magnify Contractual Obligation

Magnify Verbal Agreement

Magnify FLASH

Kane Overhead

I've only been to 4-5 NJ breweries though, definitely need to visit a bunch more!

Cape May Brewing Company makes a nice IPA.  Their double IPA is good too.  Not on the level of the Founders or Jai Alai, but pretty good nonetheless.  

Actually, if you're an IPA guy, try to get your hands on some Heady Topper, from The Alchemist Brewery.  If I had to pick one, I'd say that is my all-time favorite IPA.  

On a side note, if you guys like hard cider. I mean, really good quality Hard Cider, not most of the puke you find at liquor stores, my buddy launched a Cider Tasting Room up in Stroudsburg a few weeks ago and I highly recommend you check it out.  

It's called Banter's Hard Cider and it's on N 7th St right in Stroudsburg.  Right off of Main St.  If you know where Siamsa is (that's the corner of Main St and 7th st) go down that block and it's right there.   Check it out the next time you guys are stopping in to Dunkelbergers

My family owns a house on laurel street near to St. Edmonds, I've been to DFH many time since they opened the location. The food is great, the bands are always good, and yes, there are a variety of beers to my liking. 

We rent the house if anyone is interested. Opposite site of town from poodle beach. 

Sorry if I offended anyone speaking generally, but the 120 Minute IPA, which is what I tasted was literally horrible, IMO. 

I do like the 60, Raison, and Namaste.