IGNORED

Doesnt anyone drink normal beer!!?

mattg1500

Cape May Brewing Company makes a nice IPA.  Their double IPA is good too.  Not on the level of the Founders or Jai Alai, but pretty good nonetheless.  

Actually, if you're an IPA guy, try to get your hands on some Heady Topper, from The Alchemist Brewery.  If I had to pick one, I'd say that is my all-time favorite IPA.  

I recently had a Heady and it was definitely delicious. Some of my friends from up north say it has changed over time and isn't what it used to be but it's definitely still awesome. I just got my hands on a Pliny but haven't opened it yet and I'm hoping to get my hands on Alchemist's latest, Focal Banger as I hear that one is awesome as well. 

I've heard good things about Cape May, haven't had any yet. 

I'm far from a expert in beer, but reading this post I've seen some brands that were easy on the wallet back in college - back then it was Genny Cream ale, Iron City, Rolling Rock or Red, White & Blue ;)  I love Guinness, have been to the factory in Ireland a few times, it tastes nothing like what you buy here in the states, when its fresh it is out of this world.  

Crickett Hill makes a good beer, the owner was great to us years ago when you could stay all Friday night and drink "on the house" after taking the "tour".  On the way out each of us would buy a case as a thank you. 

Lately its been Sam's, Blue Moon or Summer Shandy.  I've thought about starting home brewing, but a friend of mine does it and he just gives me what I need.  I think I'm one hobby shy of needing a bigger garage or basement!  

Cape May Brewing Company makes a nice IPA. Their double IPA is good too. Not on the level of the Founders or Jai Alai, but pretty good nonetheless.

Actually, if you're an IPA guy, try to get your hands on some Heady Topper, from The Alchemist Brewery. If I had to pick one, I'd say that is my all-time favorite IPA.

I live like 2 minutes from the cape may brewery.I'm not a big IPA guy but they put out some decent beers.They put out a Christmas batch called boughs of barley that I really enjoyed.

My family owns a house on laurel street near to St. Edmonds, I've been to DFH many time since they opened the location. The food is great, the bands are always good, and yes, there are a variety of beers to my liking. 

We rent the house if anyone is interested. Opposite site of town from poodle beach. 

Sorry if I offended anyone speaking generally, but the 120 Minute IPA, which is what I tasted was literally horrible, IMO. 

I do like the 60, Raison, and Namaste. 

Rehoboth is a fun place.  We spend a week in Bethany every year, for the past 11 years now.  My buddy's grandparents bought a beach house down there when they retired 11 years ago and they let us use it every summer for a week for free.  The 6 of us (3 couples) have been doing it since they bought it

120 minute is barely considered beer really.  It's meant to be drunk at 55 degrees (I think) out of a brandy snifter.  It's certainly not just the type of beer you sit down and try if something like that truly isn't your thing.  

90 minute is amazing.  If you're down there and want a few other yummy treats, try the Johnny Cask (75 minute IPA) It's a cask aged blend of the 60 minute and 090 minute, with a little maple syrup added.  Pure perfection.  

Burton Baton is another one of my favorite dogfish brews.  

61 is another one that I like to enjoy with a nice steak.  It's a beer-wine hybrid.  A blend of the 60 minute with syrah grape must.  Unbelievable.   

I recently had a Heady and it was definitely delicious. Some of my friends from up north say it has changed over time and isn't what it used to be but it's definitely still awesome. I just got my hands on a Pliny but haven't opened it yet and I'm hoping to get my hands on Alchemist's latest, Focal Banger as I hear that one is awesome as well. 

I've heard good things about Cape May, haven't had any yet. 

Interesting.  I haven't had a heady in going on 3 years now.  We used to have a friend who lived up there and would buy cases for us and bring them down when he came down, since Alchemist was small potatoes.  I wonder if quality has dropped over the years.  I hate when things like that happen

Good brewery overall (Cape May Brewing).  I vacation down in Cape May once or twice a year so when I'm in town, I like to drink what is local and on tap

I live like 2 minutes from the cape may brewery.I'm not a big IPA guy but they put out some decent beers.They put out a Christmas batch called boughs of barley that I really enjoyed.

Hey MZW, is Gaiss' Meat Market in Villas any good?  I hear they sell some good quality meats and sausages, but I never venture over there whenever I'm in Cape May.  If not, is there a place in town that sells good steaks, sausages, etc so I can cook when I'm down there?  The meat selection at the ACME is ok, but I like to cook dinner a few of the nights I'm in town and I'd like something little nicer

Hey MZW, is Gaiss' Meat Market in Villas any good? I hear they sell some good quality meats and sausages, but I never venture over there whenever I'm in Cape May. If not, is there a place in town that sells good steaks, sausages, etc so I can cook when I'm down there? The meat selection at the ACME is ok, but I like to cook dinner a few of the nights I'm in town and I'd like something little nicer

Yep.gaiss' has good meats.I got some of there Christmas sausage in the fridge I might fire up tonight.If you don't feel like traveling up there westside market in west cape may used to have a decent butcher shop but I haven't been in there in a while.

I really dig Kane brewing company in a ocean township. Some "craft" beer tastes like butt. As for "normal" beer, I can't drink Bud, Coors, etc. it's just water.

My father in law, loves Coors and doesn't like my beer. I will occasionally give him some light, Helles, Pilsner, Etc. my "light" beer is founders all day iPa.

:shock: Tastes like Butt  :kissbutt:   :cheers:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I am so thirsty!!! I been taking antibiotics so I have been on the wagon the past few days and this thread is killing me! IMO I feel each drink or beer has its time and place; when on my buddies boat fishing i drink coors light because i know i can drink it all day. When I'm at home i like Kane Over Head. When Im hunting upstate NY I'll order a Bud in the bar because anything fancier and you'll get you ass kicked. With a back strap I like Cabernet. and some times to put an exclamation point on the day i will have a little Woodford Reserve Bourbon. I believe in diversity.

Cheers!

Actually, if you're an IPA guy, try to get your hands on some Heady Topper, from The Alchemist Brewery.  If I had to pick one, I'd say that is my all-time favorite IPA.  

It's very good, but I think it's overrated.  But I only say that because of how insane people act about it.  There are people up in Vermont that actually follow the truck around, which is ridiculous.  Also ridiculous is the price tag at $4 a can.  Very good IPA though.  Funny thing about that place, I used to live up there (before they hit it big) and would eat there back when it was on Main Street in Waterbury.  Good sandwiches.  Then a flood of the Winooski KO'd the place and they moved to their new place.

Sorry if I offended anyone speaking generally, but the 120 Minute IPA, which is what I tasted was literally horrible, IMO. 

I'm not a fan either, which is odd because I love the 60, 75, and 90.  I guess 120 is just too much.  Plus, the 120 has something absurd like 500 calories per bottle, so.........

Burton Baton is another one of my favorite dogfish brews. 

Oh yeah, I love this one too.  Sometimes I treat myself to a 4-pack of that, but I cant always find it.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

"Personally, I'm perfectly satisfied drinking my Coors light, smoking Marlboro lights, Hunting with my Old Mossberg 500, and driving.......",  "I see no need to experiment and I have already found the styles I like...."

For some reason all the negative comments about "Home brew" Micro brew and high end beer this guy came to mind.

https://youtu.be/h9tZ1RmMNRw