IGNORED

Shad Action

Nomad

The shad were biting this morning.  Not a heck of a lot of action, but about 10 fish in 2.5 hours.  River is still up a few feet and not completely clear. Was happy to get out with my daughter who just graduated from college.  She leaves for her nursing job in South Carolina in July so we are trying to get some fishing and hunting in.  Maybe a turkey next week. Oh.... we caught an 18" walleye also, the first I have caught fishing for shad.  :up: 

IMG_0316.JPG

Edited by Nomad

They are still on the run, these fish. We had the DRSFA Shad in the Schools program tank event on Tuesday and it was it was a slam fest. 6 boats gathered 50 shad for the tank in short order. Nice picture of your daughter with her shad. These fish do bring smiles!

Awesome day. Shad are definitely still running. Hammer4reel and I fished yesterday afternoon and had a slaughter fest on the shad. Every cast for a while. I can't even think of how many we caught. Crazy fishing. Get out in the afternoons.

20170517_171547.jpg

Edited by Buck154

Awesome day. Shad are definitely still running. Hammer4reel and I fished yesterday afternoon and had a slaughter fest on the shad. Every cast for a while. I can't even think of how many we caught. Crazy fishing. Get out in the afternoons.

Maybe tomorrow afternoon.  My son has a half day of school.