IGNORED

E Bikes

1 minute ago, Booner said:

Here's how I look at it. 110nm of torque  not too bad. If I were to go out west with crazy terrain  I'd go mid drive. But here it's not crazy elevation changes at least where I'll be. 

The goat is direct drive hub motor ( heavy duty hub drive ) It's basically  a electric give throttle  and go bike. No peddling  needed but of course you can. Mid drive requires you to peddle then throttle. Also on mid drive, if the chain breaks you can't drive out. With either hub drive you can still throttle out. 

That was one selling point to me. 

Yes using throttle eats battery. But I'll cut the 40-50 mile range in half but I don't care. I'm only going 2-5 miles round trip.

You don’t have to peddle a mid drive, you can just throttle if you want 

. Only time you need to pedal is if over working the drive due to being in the wrong gear .

bigger difference is if your hub starts to slip , pedaling isn’t going to help it at the same ratio due to single gearing 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Got one on a big sale plus another member discount. 60% off. I have the ratcheting rhino grips mounted to the rear rack (not pictured) also.   I can zip in and out quiet as can be  and leave no ground scent behind. I never wanted one until that sale opportunity  It’s just another toy that I have found a lot of hunting and quick checks on the property uses for (can’t hear it coming). I’ll be honest, I see why some use them to make short commutes to work. Would not hesitate to buy again  

72151537406__46D30E31-80C6-43F7-9CAB-0B5A57D4A83D.thumb.jpeg.19c6d62e9585c015138c396bc0d62ac4.jpeg

8 hours ago, Nomad said:

Aventon.  Ordered on sale online. Very easy to put together. My wife was angry when I bought it, too much money now I can’t get her off of it. I’ll have to buy another one for myself.🙂

Rambo’s look nice, they’re all made in China most of them at the same factory.  Put different stickers and paint on them. 

I think I paid 1400 for it last summer on sale. no problems I think there’s about 400 miles on it.

IMG_7627.jpeg

Nomad, needs bigger rims and tires.

Are they not enforcing the wattage limit on streets and public land?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

4 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Another good option. Again, this bike does not have the torque the 1000 watt bikes of Rambo or Bakcou have. Since most of the areas I plan on using it are uphill for a morning hunt, torque is more important than having a bike that will go 50-60 mph.

My bike will pull you up a 20% grade with no problems at all. Take a look on YouTube, it climbs hills like a beast.

On 3/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, thefirstndsecond said:

Are they not enforcing the wattage limit on streets and public land?

On the streets, no, absolutely not. Maybe on state park or WMA where hunting takes place, but they cant even stop the ATV or Dirt bikes so likely not. Mine is very much illegal(6,000 watts stock), driven in 3 states on public roads with no issue(1,000 miles). Including Manhattan. 

I've had a couple cops stop and ask what the bike is, they were always friendly and just curious. Never had a hard time. 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:30 PM, Mr12gauge said:

My bike will pull you up a 20% grade with no problems at all. Take a look on YouTube, it climbs hills like a beast.

Specs and reviews on that bike are very good .

But very common complaint off-road is that the motor overheats very quickly on longer uphill grades .

When that happens the motor goes into protection mode and shuts off .

.though that can be based on the rider being in the wrong gear , as well as the size if the rider .

cracks me up as many reviews of all the e-bike brands use a 175 rider with 50 pounds of cargo 

im 240 without gear lol

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Ended up going with the Rambo Rebel from Sportsman's Guide. $450 off, plus it came with the Ultimate Accessory Bundle for free. A $700 value.

Do you have it running yet? How is it?