IGNORED

E Bikes

9 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Just ordered today. Should be here next week.

You’re gonna love it! I might have to order another one. My wife has commandeered the one I ordered for myself last year.

On 3/5/2024 at 5:00 PM, Booner said:

Here's how I look at it. 110nm of torque  not too bad. If I were to go out west with crazy terrain  I'd go mid drive. But here it's not crazy elevation changes at least where I'll be. 

The goat is direct drive hub motor ( heavy duty hub drive ) It's basically  a electric give throttle  and go bike. No peddling  needed but of course you can. Mid drive requires you to peddle then throttle. Also on mid drive, if the chain breaks you can't drive out. With either hub drive you can still throttle out. 

That was one selling point to me. 

Yes using throttle eats battery. But I'll cut the 40-50 mile range in half but I don't care. I'm only going 2-5 miles round trip.

I have the bafang ultra mid drive.no need to pedal at all if i dont want.you are correct that a mid drive cannot be driven out with a broken chain. I carry a small tool kit with a spare chain .the bafang ultra 160nm and 1500 peak power is unmatched.i just regeared mine ,all new drivetrain.went with different gears for climbing bigger hills .i feel like which ever setup anyone gets its a gamechanger

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

I have the bafang ultra mid drive.no need to pedal at all if i dont want.you are correct that a mid drive cannot be driven out with a broken chain. I carry a small tool kit with a spare chain .the bafang ultra 160nm and 1500 peak power is unmatched.i just regeared mine ,all new drivetrain.went with different gears for climbing bigger hills .i feel like which ever setup anyone gets its a gamechanger

Part of that is rider weight dependent as well as grade, and length of climb .

i have a few spots that are 25-35% grade , the Bafang climbs about 100 yards of a 300 yard rise .

without pedaling it in 3rd gear its not climbing it .

but in assist mode 5 it’s an easy constant pedal even when snow covered .

one spot I actually put the bike in walk assist mode and walk it up , as the grade is ridiculously steep .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/