IGNORED

Anyone been to Harrisburg yet ?

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Thanks for the info .

headed out Monday . Was hoping to see the new Trophyline hyperlight series , but see they aren’t there .

But will make a day of it to find something else I dint need lol

They are there. They were one of the few vendors that I just passed on, because it was so crowded, hawking over the one set of sticks I wanted to check out. Last time I went on a weekend was probably 8 years ago. Won’t make that mistake for at least another 8 years lol.

I wanted to check out CZ’s new bolt gun (they do lifetime barrel replacements now), that was also packed. I did get to handle S&W’s new Leverguns. The stainless model was nice, had the features I like, large loop, shorter barrel, peep sight. And I think they are priced right. The $3500 wood version was a looker for sure, but didn’t do anything for me to receive that price tag. There were a couple other things that I gave up waiting for. 

I did get to meet Roger Raglin who I loved watching growing up as a kid! 

Also got to meet Barry Wensel. Been trying to find some of Barry and Gene’s books after I think @Shug had mentioned them one day. Been interested in their stuff since. So it was nice to finally meet Barry and chat for a little while. 

IMG_8415.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

They are there. They were one of the few vendors that I just passed on, because it was so crowded, hawking over the one set of sticks I wanted to check out. Last time I went on a weekend was probably 8 years ago. Won’t make that mistake for at least another 8 years lol.

I wanted to check out CZ’s new bolt gun (they do lifetime barrel replacements now), that was also packed. I did get to handle S&W’s new Leverguns. The stainless model was nice, had the features I like, large loop, shorter barrel, peep sight. And I think they are priced right. The $3500 wood version was a looker for sure, but didn’t do anything for me to receive that price tag. There were a couple other things that I gave up waiting for. 

Also got to meet Barry Wensel. Been trying to find some of Barry and Gene’s books after I think @Shug had mentioned them one day. Been interested in their stuff since. So it was nice to finally meet Barry and chat for a little while. 

IMG_8415.jpeg

I’ve seen Gene’s book Hunting Rutting Whitetails going for as much as $150😳

AWM

I was there yesterday. Yes it was crowded but I didn’t think much worse than any other year I went during the week. We usually go on Friday but decided to try a weekend day this year. 

We always park offsite at the Harrisburg Flea Market parking lot and take the shuttle bus to the show. I thought the lot was less crowded and was easy to get in and out. 

Picked up a few things. Got a set of Bantam Youth Binos by Vortex. Been looking at these for bowhunting. Small and light. $63. Also bought a set of Tethrd saddle bags to replace the dump pouches I currently have. 

It was a good day out. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

9 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

IMG_8415.jpeg

Roger looks great for being almost 70 years old .

what area was Trophyline in ? They are not shown in vendors list 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Here is the flyer for off site parking at show

gaos2020_offsite-parking.jpg

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

7 minutes ago, Devil Horns said:

Big Shot is in Elverson, PA. Might be worth just stopping there and picking them up rather than carrying 30” targets around the show. 

I will get there early tomorrow , so if I buy them I can walk them to the truck

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/