IGNORED

Muzzy buck down

tcook8296

50 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Well. Here it is. The 1st buck with the Remington muzzleloader and my 1st buck in 3 seasons now 

I helped a friend with some work around his hunting property this year putting in some last minute food plots. He told me I could hunting I wanted. I'm not one to hunt other places other than my own farm because I usually only target maybe 1 or 2 deer a year and too much pressure just doesn't work. 

I hung a few cameras  in September , never hunted it because I wasn't seeing anything big. So I let it sit and just kept checking  cameras from time to time. Also I must mention I wasn't allowed to bait so that made things a little more difficult when everyone is baiting around you. 

I got some pictures during the rut of this guy so I did a few sits with the bow but never saw him. He disappeared as soon as gun season came in and I didn't get anymore pics for all of December. 

Last week I got one pic around midnight in the food plot I planted. 

I saw the weather forecast for today and I had a good feeling. 

I love hunting the cold nasty weather better than any rut day when I have a big one around. 

Snow and freezing rain like this gets them on their feet early. 

I got set up at 230 pm and 345 he was on the ground. The drag was brutal uphill 😆

But that's the story. 

20240106_154731.thumb.jpg.5e6094d2434f86af9c59217ab49ba6c2.jpg20240106_154344.thumb.jpg.7f47d6e59806a1b718511a4e2b9ab0b4.jpg

Fantastic buck!! Congrats!!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nice one!   Just sitting up in a tree, or in a blind with some protection from the snow and rain?

No. Just went in and set up a climber. 

Had to find a different tree than the one I previously hunted because of the wind direction. 

I had a napkin in the barrel lol

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

31 minutes ago, Stealthy_Bowman said:

Congrats on a nice one! Was that you driving down 31 through Flemington with the buck on a hitch haul? Saw someone around midday today with a very similar looking buck.

congrats again!

No. I'm down in Burlington county

www.liftxrentals.com