IGNORED

1/4 Check In

11 hours ago, FDhunt1213 said:

Never had a liver hit deer make it more than a few hours but I know some guys who have 

I did.  One lung and liver just before dark.  He walked off and laid down.  Next morning was still alive and had to keep after him to keep him bleeding until getting a kill shot in around noon.  Only had blood when he ran and stood.

Good luck tj.  Go slow and look far ahead.

2 hours ago, tjfslaughter said:

Spent almost 2 hours looking for him. Last blood spot marked. Will hit a diner and look again after first light.

Why wouldn’t you wait till first light to start your tracking?There is only one reason I would think you did this. Though I won’t speculate. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

Why wouldn’t you wait till first light to start your tracking?There is only one reason I would think you did this. Though I won’t speculate. 

Why not is the question. It is much easier to track during daylight. It is much easier to execute follow-up shot. Also it is obvious deer did not die quickly  so why not give him time? 

16 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

He is on public now but very close to other private residential spots.  I wanted to get him out before daylight and the hikers walking by.  I have all permissions needed but was trying to be discreet.  Tracker is on the way.  I figure he is within a 100 yard radius but need a second hand. 

2 hours ago, tjfslaughter said:

He is on public now but very close to other private residential spots.  I wanted to get him out before daylight and the hikers walking by.  I have all permissions needed but was trying to be discreet.  Tracker is on the way.  I figure he is within a 100 yard radius but need a second hand. 

Makes sense. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈