IGNORED

Gun Issue #2

So once I get the TC Encore shooting good I figure I'll get the 300 Weatherby out and take two shots which I've done for the last 22 years before travelling to Canada. First shot....no paper! Second shot...no hit! Change to my trusty reload...still no paper. I'm missing completely. Check gun, scope, bases, everything. Put another round in, aim at the bottom of the target. Hit, dead center, but 10" low. WTF! Talk with my brother and hunting buddy. Dial the scope down and clover leaf 5 shots. The only thing the three of us agree that someone messed with the adjustment on the scope. And the only person that touched the gun was Canadian Fish & Game at the border last year after our whitetail hunt. Anyone ever heard of this or am I losing it?

I doubt the customs guys would mess with your gun but I would bet it was done by the baggage handlers. I have seen gun and bow cases come of the belt destroyed. 

My SKB bow case has been damaged twice now. 

My pelican rifle has has been beat up good too. 

When flying. this is why you need the best case possible. 

Also, cheaper optics don't travel well, not saying your scope is cheap but personal experience I had a cheap case and cheap scope years ago and every time I got into Canada it was off. Also had a tc encore and scope that couldn't handle the pounding of waves against our boat in Alaska. 

With the pelican case and Leupold scopes I haven't had a problem since. Knock on wood

www.liftxrentals.com

4 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

I doubt the customs guys would mess with your gun but I would bet it was done by the baggage handlers. I have seen gun and bow cases come of the belt destroyed. 

My SKB bow case has been damaged twice now. 

My pelican rifle has has been beat up good too. 

When flying. this is why you need the best case possible. 

Also, cheaper optics don't travel well, not saying your scope is cheap but personal experience I had a cheap case and cheap scope years ago and every time I got into Canada it was off. Also had a tc encore and scope that couldn't handle the pounding of waves against our boat in Alaska. 

With the pelican case and Leupold scopes I haven't had a problem since. Knock on wood

One of the reasons we don't fly. Getting stuck in armpit of the earth Toronto Airport was enough for me. Driving out isn't bad but the ride home sucks. 30+ hours