IGNORED

Interesting perspective on cross bow hunting

Scotty155

None of you care about someone else using crossbow, and, you can use whatever bow you like. It is therefore a stupid discussion…… unless ….this is about your deer and in reality this is what this argument is all about. People bitching about crossbows don’t like the fact crossbow hunters can, and have ability to kill deer otherwise would be left for vertical bow hunters. You want fewer hunters in the wounds to improve your own odds. 

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

None of you care about someone else using crossbow, and, you can use whatever bow you like. It is therefore a stupid discussion…… unless ….this is about your deer and in reality this is what this argument is all about. People bitching about crossbows don’t like the fact crossbow hunters can, and have ability to kill deer otherwise would be left for vertical bow hunters. You want fewer hunters in the wounds to improve your own odds. 

Ok I'll play.    Question to you -if it were just left to those that get a doctor's note to disclose the handicap option to use xbow in general archery season, what would you have done all this time?

I have good friends that have no choice, due to health reasons, and others that just do it because it's available but can easily shoot a vertical bow.  I have friends that hunt with both, depending on conditions, like bow from stand, xbow from blind, etc. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Ok I'll play.    Question to you -if it were just left to those that get a doctor's note to disclose the handicap option to use xbow in general archery season, what would you have done all this time?

I have good friends that have no choice, due to health reasons, and others that just do it because it's available but can easily shoot a vertical bow.  I have friends that hunt with both, depending on conditions, like bow from stand, xbow from blind, etc. 

I don't care but I will say this.  I hunt with a compound but last night I took my 5 year old in the blind with me and opted for my wife's cross bow.  So matilda could play a part.  I can tell you it is probably my most exciting and gratifying hunt even though it was only a 60 lb doe.  Side note how do u crossbow hunters tell where you hit the deer and blind hunters blood on ground I'd a pain as it don't start right away

26 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have killed more deer with a compound than any other weapon and I mean many, easy over 100. Then, able body for vertical, I tried crossbow and I love it. I have no desire going back. 
what would I do in your “what if”? I would obviously hunt with vertical bow. 
but your reply to me had zero to do with what I said. Why do you care what I use to hunt with? It is my experience not yours. You do you I will do me because neither one of us gives a shit what weapon we use. The only thing driving people to speak out against crossbows is the desire to improving their own odds. 

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I have killed more deer with a compound than any other weapon and I mean many, easy over 100. Then, able body for vertical, I tried crossbow and I love it. I have no desire going back. 
what would I do in your “what if”? I would obviously hunt with vertical bow. 
but your reply to me had zero to do with what I said. Why do you care what I use to hunt with? It is my experience not yours. You do you I will do me because neither one of us gives a shit what weapon we use. The only thing driving people to speak out against crossbows is the desire to improving their own odds. 

How many deer did you take with xbow that you never would have with vertical?  Was it that much of a game changer?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I think what most guys are butt hurt about for crossbow hunters are the ones taking the 100 yard shots with them. maybe i’m wrong but personally if these guys are limiting there shots to 30 yards then no problem with me it’s when these guys are trying to make 100 yard shots and are 90% of the time wounding them

4 minutes ago, Turkeyslayer said:

I think what most guys are butt hurt about for crossbow hunters are the ones taking the 100 yard shots with them. maybe i’m wrong but personally if these guys are limiting there shots to 30 yards then no problem with me it’s when these guys are trying to make 100 yard shots and are 90% of the time wounding them

There are guys that take shots with compound that shouldnt the weapon won't change that.

13 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

How many deer did you take with xbow that you never would have with vertical?  Was it that much of a game changer?

I take six deer every single year since I can remember, vertical and crossbow. I had one season with 5 and one over six. I aim for six since this is what my family can consume. 
however it is a game changer because of the reach. I don’t even set up for 20 yards. I set up for 40 yard shots and have killed up to 60 yards with ease.
for someone else it maybe the difference between not getting or wounding a deer and an easy clean kill. 
cross bow is much easier to use, it’s more consistent and accurate with out tons of practice. So what is your point? You don’t want me or someone else take the easier weapon because you elected to go with vertical? Why would you care? Keep going and you will come to the same conclusion you read in my original post. You want to improve your own odds because surly you don’t care what I use. Right?