IGNORED

Right on time! Bear hunt AND NJ Fish & Game Council lawsuit

mazzgolf

from his facebook page

Lesniak To Appeal Judge’s Decision On Bear Hunt
Union, NJ - “I lost eight times in court before the U. S. Supreme Court upheld my constitutional challenge to the federal ban on sports betting,” Lesniak declared, “This decision is only one setback. Unfortunately, in this case, hundreds of bears will be unnecessarily killed.”
In a case filed by The Lesniak Institute and Lesniak himself, New Jersey Superior Court Judge Robert T. Lougy, denied Lesniak’s challenge to the composition of the Fish & Game Council which has six of its 11 members appointed upon recommendation of the New Jersey Sportsmen’s Clubs. Lesniak asserted that Article 3 and 4 of the New Jersey Constitution does not allow governmental policy to be established by private organizations leaving it exclusively in the hands of the Judiciary, Executive and Legislative branches of government.
“The Fish & Game Council has ignored information provided by many groups which demonstrate that bear hunting is not necessary to protect the public. I’ve been to restaurants throughout the world and never saw bear on a menu. Killing bears is nothing more than a trophy hunt,” Lesniak concluded, “I will appeal this decision.”

5 minutes ago, bear guy said:

from his facebook page

Lesniak To Appeal Judge’s Decision On Bear Hunt
Union, NJ - “I lost eight times in court before the U. S. Supreme Court upheld my constitutional challenge to the federal ban on sports betting,” Lesniak declared, “This decision is only one setback. Unfortunately, in this case, hundreds of bears will be unnecessarily killed.”
In a case filed by The Lesniak Institute and Lesniak himself, New Jersey Superior Court Judge Robert T. Lougy, denied Lesniak’s challenge to the composition of the Fish & Game Council which has six of its 11 members appointed upon recommendation of the New Jersey Sportsmen’s Clubs. Lesniak asserted that Article 3 and 4 of the New Jersey Constitution does not allow governmental policy to be established by private organizations leaving it exclusively in the hands of the Judiciary, Executive and Legislative branches of government.
“The Fish & Game Council has ignored information provided by many groups which demonstrate that bear hunting is not necessary to protect the public. I’ve been to restaurants throughout the world and never saw bear on a menu. Killing bears is nothing more than a trophy hunt,” Lesniak concluded, “I will appeal this decision.”

So looks like on for monday

5 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I’ve been to restaurants throughout the world and never saw bear on a menu. Killing bears is nothing more than a trophy hunt

So many things to say.

(a) I wasn't aware hunting was only allowed for those animals found on a restaurant's menu. I've never seen squirrel, deer, opossum, fox, coyote on a restaurant menu either. But I guess that goes to his point - he is against all hunting... Wonder why he doesn't make this argument to stop hunting altogether ("Stop hunting coyote - they aren't on a restaurant's menu!")?  Then again, I guess by his own criteria, it is perfectly legitimate to hunt ducks and geese, so waterfowlers can breathe a sigh of relief that Lesniak is on their side!

(b) Just because a person is hunting for an animal that is not found on a restaurant's menu does not necessarily imply it is a trophy hunt. Prime example is ... our bear hunt! It is a management hunt to reduce the number of bears in New Jersey thus limiting bear-human interaction and stopping bears from getting pushed out further and further into new areas... such as South Jersey where we do not want them. :) 

I wish people like him would just come out and make the argument they really want to make and try to win public and political support on the merits of their true beliefs. They are not for animal welfare - they are for animal rights (rights of individual animals) and they think killing an individual animal is akin to killing a human being, and thus is wrong. Instead, he hides behind all these other political and legal stunts because he knows he can't win over the public or the courts with what his true argument is.

Here's the full court decision... Plantiff is DENIED!

https://njfederation.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/Legislation Bills/OTSC - DENIED 100423.pdf

Judge is RIGHT ON here:

Plaintiffs cannot sit idle until two and a half weeks before the bear hunt begins on
legal arguments that have existed since the Legislature established the Council in
1948 and were substantially litigated in 1973, wait fifty years to raise variations of
those claims, and then assert irreparable harm.

Edited by mazzgolf

This is why they can't argue for animal "rights" -- our judicial system, thankfully (at least today) understands the difference between individual animal rights and animal welfare (of a species)

the proper test for determining irreparable harm is effect on the species as a whole, not on individual members of the species, unless the take of an individual member has been demonstrated to affect the species as a whole. ... Plaintiffs do not establish that the hunt has an adverse impact on black bears as a species ... The impact on individual black bears in light of the paramount goal of public safety does not constitute irrepealable harm.

Edited by mazzgolf

I fixed Lesniak's quote for him...

UPDATE

The judge denied Lesniak’s attempt to stop the hunt late Wednesday afternoon.

Lesniak said he would appeal.

“This decision is only one setback.” he said. ” Unfortunately, in this case, hundreds of bears will be unnecessarily killed.”
"I'm an idiot who knows nothing about bears and wildlife management, and bears will be hunted as they should be here in New Jersey."

These institutions/foundations are started for one reason, to make money off of others.  Being an ex politician makes him very good at living off other's money.  Praying on other's emotions with promises that won't ever happen.  How many times does he have to fail at this before people realize he's just doing it for the money and attention with no real outcome.  

5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

These institutions/foundations are started for one reason, to make money off of others.  Being an ex politician makes him very good at living off other's money.  Praying on other's emotions with promises that won't ever happen.  How many times does he have to fail at this before people realize he's just doing it for the money and attention with no real outcome.  

What’s the old saying, a fool and his money are soon departed. Seems to fit the bill with the idiots Lesniak bilks. 

17 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Oh so true!

When I was around 17 or 18 I got a job working for the humane society in Newark frelinghuyser avenue and evergreen place think I was making $3.25 an hour my boss was Lee Bernstein, he was a politician got convicted with a guy adonisio, embezzlement. My first job was being a dog catcher they were running rampant on the streets in Newark I didn't catch any so my next job was maintenance I had to call inside the furnace to repair the cement, okay done next door was the car junkyard they had an empty trailer where they put all the euthanized dogs to be cremated this kid goes and opens up the door And theres a live dog on top of the dead dogs kid comes running past me screaming ghost dog we said let him live Bernstein said kill him.pos

Anybody remember those cans that used to have at the counters drop your coins in, well they were collected weekly every Friday they went and Bernstein's office and his door was locked money unaccounted for.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt