IGNORED

Calabria Pizza, Livingston

BHC

We did Father's Day dinner yesterday,  my kids had to work today. So my wife took me out and needed great pizza, nothing here in Warren County worth eating so off to one of my favorite pizza places, Calabria in Livingston.  We got 1/2 plain, 1/2 upside down, and whole pepperoni with Mike's Hot honey.  This place had fabulous pizza

20230618_142141.jpg

20230618_142150.jpg

39 minutes ago, BHC said:

First the place is called Calabria.  I'm 1/2 Calabrese and have no idea of what you posted is called pizza 

Well it's from a pizzaria in Calabria. I had it two years ago when I was there. 

If you showed them your pizza, they would say they don't know what it is too.

Yours is American pizza, just like a lot of foods we call Italian. :rofl:

Edited by archer36

6 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Looks delicious but I’m sticking with Frank Pepe’s in New Haven. 

Then go try DeLucia's in Raritan they fabulous,  ovens are nearly 100 years old  of well seasoned...between these two I like them both equally,  DeLucia's just has an extremely large following and limited seating and hours 

...Yes its American pizza,  but what you showed isn't pizza. 

You want as close to old school pizza here in NJ then find a place with brick/wood fire oven ..pizza is simple..sauce,  mozzarella,  olive oil, basil, Pecorino Romano and takes a mere 90 seconds to cook..it's called margherita ....Razza's in Jersey City is excellent,  Liberty Hall in Lambertville was excellent until they got wiped out from a major flood,  Porta's in Asbury Park in real good, 

1 hour ago, BHC said:

...Yes its American pizza,  but what you showed isn't pizza. 

You want as close to old school pizza here in NJ then find a place with brick/wood fire oven ..pizza is simple..sauce,  mozzarella,  olive oil, basil, Pecorino Romano and takes a mere 90 seconds to cook..it's called margherita ....Razza's in Jersey City is excellent,  Liberty Hall in Lambertville was excellent until they got wiped out from a major flood,  Porta's in Asbury Park in real good, 

It isn't pizza? Ok. It's a figment of my imagination. :happywave: