IGNORED

Father's Day Blues

JFC1

2 hours ago, Zipper said:

Smoked  blues are delicious 

Totally agree here!!

I like blues cooked pretty much any style, but smoked is awesome.

Can make a great spread with smoked bluefish, cream cheese, and some chives or other seasonings

Edited by DJ0808

21 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Same with Spanish makeral and Bonita bleed them get them in an ice slurry fast and they make great sushi.  I don't care for bluefish at all except fish cakes 

Have you tried bleeding carefully, cutting away all dark meat along blood lines, and frying the same day? It's not oily at all and tastes like a white fleshes fish when fried.

Bluefish is not high on the list for taste and texture. Same goes for Trout and Salmon. You have to choose the right recipe for it. My Mom used to make Boston Mackerel that was so delicious. Fried it and steamed it in Italian herbs and vinegar. Again, not the best fish in the world but you make the best of it. 

My favorite way to eat bluefish is fish cakes. You make a big batch, individually freeze them and you have a good sandwich anytime. 

Edited by archer36

7 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Bluefish is not high on the list for taste and texture. Same goes for Trout and Salmon. You have to choose the right recipe for it. My Mom used to make Boston Mackerel that was so delicious. Fried it and steamed it in Italian herbs and vinegar. Again, not the best fish in the world but you make the best of it. 

My favorite way to eat bluefish is fish cakes. You make a big batch, individually freeze them and you have a good sandwich anytime. 

Salmon is just fine raw

2 hours ago, archer36 said:

Good idea. Any way you can put up your recipe?