IGNORED

New striper regs

Buckeyes11

24 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

It’s the NJ way. Charters and party boats raping and pillaging the resource right out of a job. Makes perfect sense! 

Nj didn’t cause this issue .

in actuality the NJ based fishery is as good as it gets .

‘Virginia wiped out the Chesapeake stocks .

‘But when these fish all move east of us for the next 5 months  instead of it being a 50/50 Hudson, Chesapeake mix all  the pressure will be on what’s available , which is Hudson Strain .…

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Nj didn’t cause this issue .

in actuality the NJ based fishery is as good as it gets .

‘Virginia wiped out the Chesapeake stocks .

‘But when these fish all move east of us for the next 5 months  instead of it being a 50/50 Hudson, Chesapeake mix all  the pressure will be on what’s available , which is Hudson Strain .…

Doesn’t matter if they didn’t directly cause it but they are certainly taking part in it now.  As you know what we have here is not representative of the fishery as a whole although most would think otherwise. You have been around a lot longer than me and I’m sure you have noticed the amount of pressure changing. Charters are popping up left and right and are now over night experts in trolling mojos etc and are relentlessly pounding this fishery. Regardless if we caused it or not what is currently going in is not sustainable.

10 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Doesn’t matter if they didn’t directly cause it but they are certainly taking part in it now.  As you know what we have here is not representative of the fishery as a whole although most would think otherwise. You have been around a lot longer than me and I’m sure you have noticed the amount of pressure changing. Charters are popping up left and right and are now over night experts in trolling mojos etc and are relentlessly pounding this fishery. Regardless if we caused it or not what is currently going in is not sustainable.

It’s a small portion if the fishery going on in the bay right now . 

it’s def getting pressured because the fishing is so good there and so bad elseware .

I like the new regs 

wouldn’t mind seeing it even go to all CR  to give us at least one sustainable fishery . 

and it prob would stop alot of the pressure . 

as long as fish are handled well IMO the release success is better than what NMFS claims . 

while it’s seen how many fish charters and party boats keep I’m betting private boats are keeping as many . 
just don’t get the same view as those posting pics to promote trips . 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

41 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

it’s def getting pressured because the fishing is so good there and so bad elseware .

I like the new regs 

wouldn’t mind seeing it even go to all CR  to give us at least one sustainable fishery . 

as long as fish are handled well IMO the release success is better than what NMFS claims . 

while it’s seen how many fish charters and party boats keep I’m betting private boats are keeping as many . 

I would like the c and r as well. Don’t get me wrong, every once and while I will keep a fish right at 28. They are the best eating, but if it was not allowed I wouldn’t care. The cause is worth it. We are extremely lucky to have a fishery like this in our backyard, especially so close to such a major urban area. We need to protect these fish. 

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I like the new regs 

C&R is easy on private boats, and surf...  It gets more difficult in other situations, like party boats with very high rails on fish that would otherwise be gaffed and possibly too big for a net.   Another bad situation I have seen is off Jersey City piers where guys are gaffing and releasing (gaff in belly, no less).   This needs to stop and be penalized.   Gaffing stripers should be illegal - period. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….